• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Answered Apnea Training, Nose problems

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

potato7412

Mar 12, 2019
Hi everyone, just started apnea traning this week and it is amazing, i love it
ive been doing it for 2 days now and ive reached 2 minutes 30 seconds and have the potential of so much more. The only problem is i can mentally stop myselfing from needing to breath from my mouth by my nose has a mind of its own. Everytime i hit that 2 minute 30 second mark a little after my nose exhales by itself,
The one tip i got was keeping my tongue on the top and its working wonders and has taken me a little further but i wanted to know if theres anything i can do to stop this cause it is really bothering me, thank you

Most freedivers will train (dry static included) with a freediving nose clip. Google freediving noseclip and you'll get lots of options.

An alternative is a swimming noseclip, but these might leak some air.

An even less effective alternative is to do your dry training with a mask on. At least it will prevent you from inhaling through the nose, just not exhaling.

Reactions: potato7412
Using your tongue to gently seal the back of your throat/nose area is what you need to practice. Once you start diving below depths of 45ft you'll find this will also help with your equalisation. Also, make sure when you have a full breath it's not sitting up in your throat. You should be filling your stomach first then chest but not too much that it sits high up.

Reactions: potato7412
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT