• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Apnea Walk & Static trials

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi guss

You said you work up to a 7/7 is this for real can you do 7min statics.

cheers

Hey Ivan

What I mean is that you can prolong the serie as far as you can arrive. Always the series are progressive. I have never been able to arrive to 7/7 but it in this forum there are some people that can. Karl Pernett, the brother of Frank is now close to 8 min.

I was practising this series during 5 months and I went from 2’15” to 5’30”. For me it worked. I stopped this series 3 months ago because I was not interested in prolonging my apneic time more than this mark. Not for the moment. Since 3 months ago I’m practising minimum recovery series because now I’m interested on the skills that this kind of series develops, I name minimum recovery series to series of apneas in a row with a single breath in between. I describe this series on this thread in the same post were I describe the others. I will be practising this extreme C02 tolerance series during the hole winter and then I will came back to the progressive series. I will let you know the results. I like experimenting with myself, is the best way to learn.

Saludos Agustin

Top work guss

hi

good work guss keep it up. I tried some static training once but got bored within a week.

cheers

Hello Eren. This is Mustafa writing to you from Miami, US. Out of respect to everybody else I figured it would be proper to communicate in English versus Turkish. However you can always write to me at my e-mail address, yunuschiro@aol.com
Anyway the idea is to expose your body as much as you can to lactic acid and also to O2 deprivation to better your bodies physiological conditioning. Anyway physical activity you may choose to perform with apnea will cause a deficit, increased need for O2 and increased levels of Co2. Whether you choose to walk, run, swim etc... with apnea will have similar affects. This will improve you conditioning and also increase your mind over matter controls.
As far as the contractions are concerned, make sure you use your diaphragm to inhale and to exhale. The trick is to actively use your diaphragm yet not use so much of contraction of the muscle to avoid spasms. And always go through couple of cycles of inhalation and exhalation before you fill up to capacity for the purpose of warming up the chest cavity muscles, the kung tissue and also to stimulate the lungs into sufficient surfactent release to avoid friction and labored breathing.

Mustafa

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT