• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Apnea Walking

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Apnea walking... For how long?

• 30 sec - 45 sec

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • 45 sec - 1 min

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • 1 min - 1:15 min

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • 1:15 min - 1:30 min

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • 1:30 min - 1:45 min

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • 1:45 min - 2 min

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • 2 min - 2:15 min

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • 2:15 min - 2:30 min

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2:30 min - 2:45 min

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 2:45 min - 3 min

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 3+ min

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters
I was experimenting with different 'styles' of apnea walking and so far I think the best 'style' that works for me is to count contractions and every round increase it for a few...
Just did my PB - 100m in 1.40 min!

does anyone know what the furthest distance is in apnea walking?

I did once a 116m FRC apnea walk.

and my PB with full lungs is exactly 300m which i set some days ago, it was actually jogging, but the time was around 2:30-2:50...i do often apnea walks

It is very difficult to compare distances in apnea walking (jogging), because on land if you invest more energy, the time will be only a little shorter, but the speed and distance will be much greater. So the results are very depending on the speed. (Unlike in the water). Pavel

Hey there!

I also like the Apnea walking, I do it for a short period of time. I do normally 20-25 sets few times per week. I do it after jogging. I count the double steps (1 double step= approx. 1sec) I dont take any breaks and rests, I walk all the way. The Apnea times and breathing times are allways equal (if I walk in Apnea 50double steps, I breath for 50 double steps afterwards, sometimes less, sometimes more). My holds are about 40sec-1:10sec, PB is 1:35. (When walking up the steep hill, the Apnea is only about 20sec). I get similar times when dinamic diving and stalking the fish in the Sea.

But when I read about Apnea times in walk some of You have...:wideyed:
2:30min? I am impressed!

Also impressed with the apnea times in the survey. I do apnea walks a couple of sessions every week. I alternate between walking on completely empty lungs and full lungs with a one minute static before starting walk. Full lungs I have done about 70 seconds at best, empty lungs only about 50s. The empty lung walks are really hard, a "mind over matter" game where I have trouble standing up when stopping...

I usually walk in a small park where other people pass. On one of my walks, very pushed, I stopped and gasped for air, bent forward, almost fainting and falling to the ground. While doing that a couple passed me, the woman asking me if I was ok and the guy pulling up his mobile phone, starting to dial emergency number (112 in Sweden). Was he gonna ask for ambulance or the police... I mad a very quick explanation that I was training breathhold, freediver, a s o.....

Reactions: foxfish
Ah the joys of going without oxygen in front of other people......hehe. Fun to turn blue right in front of them isn't it.

freediverdude:
Yeah... maybe one should bring long a sign: "apneatraining in session, I am (will be) ok".

I have done skipping rope while holding my breath for 30seconds and rest 20seconds during seven minutes I,ve improve my stamina and breath holding althoug I know can be dangerous

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT