• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Aquiles' weekend...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

andrsn

Just visiting...
Aug 26, 2001
just got off the phone with aquiles. found out his weekend was filled with 120 feet of viz and lots of fish. the kid shot a 30# black grouper and a 17# mutton snapper. both pb's for him.

congrats aquiles!

!Good shootin' El Guapo!
120' vis? I saw that in a good clean pool once :)
Ciao amigos
Erik Y.

Sure YUMMY YUMMY fishes !!!
120 feet viz. I probably will miss every shot with these kind of visibility. Damn, 60 foot viz already confused me. My my.

IYA:duh :duh :duh

Keys Craze redemption

Just when you thought that the kid lost his edge he makes the comeback!:ko On saturday we went out in 4-6 foot (?meters) waves. It was nasty but the desire to fish was even nastier.
I can't type too well cause stabbin the thirty pounder i stabbed myself (in the finger) Oh well the price of fishing

:head I will try to post the pics I hope they come out.

Check out the vis. This was the thirty pounder in 60 feet of water

Attachments

• me n 30.jpg
    me n 30.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 359
This is the 16-17 pound prehistoric mutton that I was talking about.

Attachments

• mutton.jpg
    mutton.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 362
Have you seen these hats, they're the new thing for this summer.;)

Attachments

• hat.jpg
    hat.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 359
This is what a day of fishing is hopefully like. This is the crew.

Attachments

• the group.jpg
    the group.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 364
This was michael trying to get artistic!

Attachments

• boat deck.jpg
    boat deck.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 358
There is more in the cooler. Should have been born an octopus so that i can hold up all this fish. The mutton was shot in 95 feet of water. i cant even believe it. Hell I think Im crazy. I never noticed cause the vis was so good.

Attachments

• food.jpg
    food.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 370
I hope that you all enjoy the pics. 2James spearfishing charters will be taking resservations all summer. Pleaser bring wo0men and alcoholic beverages. P.S. send pics of women thank you ..
Will keep you boys up to date.

Hey jay, if you read this, and I am sure you will, guess what.......IIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMM BBBAAAACCCKKKKK!

I love to share adventures with you guys......will check back soon

DQBN

Dawg

You had to go and out do me on the Mutton didn't ya. Seriously, did you leave any out there? Great job. Ck your phone messages I just tried to call you I'm down in the keys now.
Jay

Redemption! Redemption! Redemption! Redemption! Redemption! Redemption! Redemption! Redemption!

Pink Floyd sayd:

...wish you where here,,,,well i wish i where there....;)

But where did you encounter the alien with the big Jagger-lips and no chin? It has stolen my mask and snorkel, which is numero uno by the way!

P.s Aquiles is looking good holding the aliens big fish...... rofl

Lasse moving house this weekend, so i aint gonna get me some....fish:waterwork

Muy bien migrant!

...am I not the only one thinking that that slug of a mutton is a record? Hope you slathered that bad boy with lemon and habanero... That's eatin!! And at 90 feet?! What're you trying to prove, that Jay's going to have to go through you to get to your Mom? :inlove su es la mano!

I'm trying to get Anderson to let me come out in August, so save me some. Even the 90 footers... I can shoot down. :crutch and North... Bill and I have the snorkels.

sven

snorkels and blather

Hey Sven
What did you decide on snorkel? How did you deal with Hana Pa'a? Until I get back into sticking fish, next year, snorkels aren't very important. On the back burner.
Everything I see sticks out farther than my ears. It's almost like the designer never used it. Sort of like a fishing lure, it doesn't have to catch a fish, it's successful when it leaves the store or the factory. I did find a moldable mouthpiece for about $35. We built better snorkels as teen agers because we didn't want to spend the $2. There was a real cool one at the dive shop yesterday that folds in half and fits in your buoyancy compensator's pocket. What's a 'buoyancy compensator'?
If I sound a little bitter, the worst cold in years hit me about ten days ago. Couldn't take it anymore on Monday and with the help of Sudafed, went to 110 feet a couple of times. Felt like crap and the stuff I spread on the surface after that would gross out a proctologist
Do you believe that other thread? NEWS FLASH divers get horny. Starting to feel like I've been on another planet for a few decades.

best wishes
Bill

Last edited:
Bill's back!

Indeed Bill, these "new found" revelations are giving me a sore neck from the head shaking...:head

The guy's at HanaPa'a were great! Gave them your credit card number and I recieved my order in two days, packed nice and all, and will definitely give them the nod when it comes time to spread some of the winnings around. I was looking through their '01 catalog at the AQA brand and was really surprised, glad and surprised at the "older" styles of masks that they've resurrected, (swiped?) and are making in silicone to boot. My cockles are gladdened to have a source. Of course I hedged my bet by buying several of everything... ;)

Sorry to hear of your illness. Still, going to 110 w/decongestants puts you in a league with the gifted, and deaf... :ycard

I'm up at Tahoe for a few more days and hoping that this nail-banging at altitude will give me a few extra red cells come next week if I can get to the real beach.

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT