• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Arbalete???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

eeyoresdad

Nov 21, 2007
I've been researching the web and forums for this gun brand and didn't find much. Can anyone please tell me what they know about this brand?

Arbalète is a spear gun in French (also a crossbow), so in fact arbalete is any spear gun you want, not a specific brand. Or if you prefer, it is any french spear gun :)

Reactions: Mr. X
Ah I see! Hmm then can you tell me about Rene Cavalero? I'm buying a gun that with the description Arbalete Champion, Rene Cavalero Marselle, France. Thanks man!

Sorry, I won't help you, I am not a spearo. Did you try entering the name into Google?

Arbelete Champion, sold by US Divers for years,1960s and 70s, came in various sizes, mine was all aluminum except the end of the gun which was plastic. Very very tough gun, but not very accurate. I used mine mostly as a rock gun, shooting up under ledges where accuracy was unimportant. I still have a brand new handle if anybody needs one.

Connor

Champion Cavalero, was a french manufacter, around the 90ties was bought by BEUCHAT
They use to produce a very strong aluminium handle

Rene Cavalero was the original speargun designer for Beuchat back in the day, just like Hugues Dessault was for Sporasub. Both men went on to do their own thing. Not sure how many guns the Champion Cavalero brand now produces but Dessault make a few good ones.

if you remember theres was period of time were the spearguns from beuchat had this name, CAVALERO,
Champion doesn´t produce any gun now, has i told beuchat bought it and every thing is sold under beuchat name

I have a Champion arbalete which I bought on Ebay last year, will try and post pics....I love all the old guns and history behind them. I have an old spring-loaded gun and some old nemrod guns, all for my private museum!

Reactions: Mr. X
YES! I have this gun! I am also trying hard to find parts that match. The handle is superb - very tough and I never had a problem with accuracy when I used to use it - about two decades ago.

As I said before; I'm now trying to find slings, possibly wishbones, and a spear. I don't seem to be doing too well at the moment but still hopeful.

YES! I have this gun! I am also trying hard to find parts that match. The handle is superb - very tough and I never had a problem with accuracy when I used to use it - about two decades ago.

As I said before; I'm now trying to find slings, possibly wishbones, and a spear. I don't seem to be doing too well at the moment but still hopeful.
If you are looking for one of these i have on that has been sitting in my closet for about 20yrs whats it worth to you..give me a shout at rickone@logical.net...

Champion Cavalero, was a french manufacter, around the 90ties was bought by BEUCHAT
They use to produce a very strong aluminium handle
Hi, I've just bought a Cavalero Champion at a car boot sale for £10. I'm trying to find out more about it .It's in good condition .

Hi, I've just bought a Cavalero Champion at a car boot sale for £10. I'm trying to find out more about it .It's in good condition .
Solid old guns, but not super accurate. Mine was new in about 1969 and used hard until about 1983. Barrel tended to corrode after a while. I had to shorten mine once. Dropped a scuba cylinder on it and near crushed the handle, but it still worked fine. Bought a new handle that I still have, but never installed it.

Solid old guns, but not super accurate. Mine was new in about 1969 and used hard until about 1983. Barrel tended to corrode after a while. I had to shorten mine once. Dropped a scuba cylinder on it and near crushed the handle, but it still worked fine. Bought a new handle that I still have, but never installed it.
Thank you

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT