• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Archaeology of Freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sep 3, 2019
Hello everybody,
My name is Emilio Rodríguez-Alvarez, Ph.D. I am a recreational freediver and archaeologist. Apart from my "standard" research on pottery and stuff like that, in the last years I have been professionally researching and publishing articles on the archaeology of freediving, on how we can detect the presence of freedivers when we excavate archaeological sites. Considering that this is not even a field of archaeological enquiry, I have had a moderate success, reaching some goals and publishing a couple of articles, but it is very difficult to convince funding agencies to support this kind of work. Despite that, I am going to try for a couple of grants to carry out skandalopetra anthropological research, so I would be extremely grateful if anybody here could suggest me a contact in Greece directly involved with the competitions and festivals of skandalopetra celebrated there.
Thank you in advance for your time and, if you are curious about this topic, please drop me a line.
Best,
Emilio

Hi!
You can find them in these profiles as pdfs, if you want to have a look.

Also, on this page from a conference:

I am trying to interest any publisher for a book-sized publication about this topic, but that is going to take some time, so in the meantime I hope you enjoy these papers!

I've been working on the articles on the archaeology of freediving and publishing them on the academical portals. I'm looking for any funding agencies that can support my research project and need to writemyessaysonline and apply for a grant...
Some archaeological sites publish competitions and events and festivals on skandalopetra....

>>
Quoted text is collapsed and auto saved
>>

Hi Emilio,
Thanks for the pdfs. I study Underwater Archaeology at Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and need financial support fot my skandalopetra research. Does Apnea Academy offer any grants to international students? Any recommendations or references? Thanks.

I was not interested in this before. But your research really interested me. Thank :)

Usually I dive under water just to think, to collect my thoughts, but now I realized that I have never enjoyed the views of the oceans and seas.

I was not interested in this before. But your research really interested me. Thank :) . Usually I dive under water just to think, to collect my thoughts, but now I realized that I have never enjoyed the views of the oceans and seas. The guys from https://www.sirolodive.com/service/fun-dive/ always told me to pay attention to the underwater world, but I never listened to them. To be honest, I have been diving for several years now, so I am a little ashamed even for that. Is there a site where I could get acquainted with your work? I would be very interested in what you found. I hope you succeed. Good luck in the future!

Wow, that sounds cool and is also very motivating.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT