• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Are good fins worth upgrading too?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

nickw

Oct 2, 2003
Im never one to buy something unless its really worthwhile. Id be willing to throw down some bucks on a set of fins if there really going to be that much better then my current pair of Picasso Black teams, sometimes the money is well spent. I dont want to be the guy saying "wow, if I only knew what I was missing all these years".

I really started thinking about this after reading up on some of the reviews here. They would mostly be used for intermediate depths around 20-30 meters. Thanks alot guys....happy diving:)

Nick

I'd say it all depends on what you want to do with the sport, Nick. You can accumulate a lot of stuff trying to chase technology, that's for sure. Fins wear out and technology continues on. The conservative in me says upgrade when replacements are required. Black Teams are good fins. We still use a pair. On the other hand, new stuff is fun and I think you would appreciate the difference in an upgrade. I like the Specialfins Hybrid Pro Hards in OMER pockets if you want to spend some money. The fiberplastics are more economical and would be almost as nice, IMHO. Having my two oldest boys diving with me has helped justify pretty much buying the spectrum, but who knows what will come out tomorrow? It all depends on where you want to draw the line.
Mark

You should try ''the next generation of fins'': carbon blades.
Its worth the investment in these fins.

RCC

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT