• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Are there any Freediving Schools Open?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kosovorick

May 8, 2021
I’ve been trying to get further freediving training now that travel is possible. I’ve approached over ten schools and none of them plan to resume freediving classes any time soon. There is some training in Hawaii, and perhaps one in Nice, but most have told me they just aren’t getting enough students to run classes. I tried Immersion in Florida, but the founder said he’s not going to open. The freediving school in Dubrovnik is closed with the teachers now working in Costa Rica. Vertical Blue won’t be giving classes for the foreseeable future. The schools in Cozumel is focusing on new students, which makes sense.

Are there any schools open for intermediate students?

Thanks to all.

I’ve been trying to get further freediving training now that travel is possible. I’ve approached over ten schools and none of them plan to resume freediving classes any time soon. There is some training in Hawaii, and perhaps one in Nice, but most have told me they just aren’t getting enough students to run classes. I tried Immersion in Florida, but the founder said he’s not going to open. The freediving school in Dubrovnik is closed with the teachers now working in Costa Rica. Vertical Blue won’t be giving classes for the foreseeable future. The schools in Cozumel is focusing on new students, which makes sense.

Thanks to all.
In Florida - check out Formula Freediving in Marathon; Drift in Pompano

In Bali - Apneista in Amed

I’m open!
♀️
but I’m up in the most exotic place in the world, Ontario… based in Toronto but I’m travelling throughout Ontario this summer.

roatan honduras is running training sessions every day for all levels.

Thanks to all.
Hi There!
We are fully open and operate in Bodrum/Turkey.
We are waiting for your email (info@medfishdiving.com)

Thanks to all.
I just finished the intermediate course with Blue Alchamey this weekemd. Virginia area. Send him an email https://www.bluealchemyfreediving.com/?post_type=coursestorm_class

I found out that Free Dive Costa Rica, located on the Pacific coast, is running courses. The instructor was previously in Dubrovnik.

I signed up for a course in August.

Thanks to all.
Hello! We are running freediving courses and training for all levels in the Molchanovs system in Kaş, Antalya, Turkey and the surrounding area. Take a look at our social media accounts, Freeand send us a message at freedivecosmos@gmail.com

AE40994D-6619-4179-A963-E3DBE4789EB3.jpeg

Haw
Is Hawaii the best place to learn freediving? I really want to develop my talent in this direction and move forward. A pool is not enough now, and I am looking for good tutors and places to develop my skills.
In Hawaii you should speak to world champion freediver Lena Balta who I’ve just seen at the big global trade show - she is starting to courses there : https://instagram.com/lenafreediving

There are others as well but good start.

Philippines are open now. Almost unlimited depth and warm water. If you are still looking for "training vacations", you may head to Panglao for training (Superhome, and other schools) , or to Moalboal (Freediving Planet)
Panglao and Moalboal have steep drop offs close to shore, which makes these places very popular amongst freedivers.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT