• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Armageddon days are here (again)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Froggets makes a great fingure food.
But heck shouldn't this frog food be in the recipe section.

Yep still got plenty of cane toads up in Queensland. The problem is that there's more cane toads than golfers in QLD. A cricket or baseball bat is a suitable alternative, but there's nothing like a good old 1 wood for driving them up to heaven!

The Cane Toads were brought into Queensland to rid them of another pest and the Cane Toads became a pest themselves. Now if we can import some of those Crows and start Cane Toad pecking we would get rid of the Cane Toads. Then we gotta get rid of the Crows.

Oldsarge said:
Isn't the phrase "Stone the Crows"?

It is indeed, but then we would need to bring in something to get rid of the stones, and the cycle continues.... :duh

I think we need to introduce a species to Australia that will eat cane toads, crows, bittu bush etc. and coincidently tastes immaculate to humans. Then there would never be any overpopulation issues.

People of the world - keep your eyes peeled for any pig-like animals that like eating toads :D

Stone the crows?

I'm not exactly sure what effect Mick Jagger would have on crows, but I'm definitely sure that Keith Richards emanates a Promethium-like radiation which might indeed drop the crows needed to initially off the cane toads.

Disclaimer:

Any country willing to receive Keith Richards officially abnigates any detriment to its respective territory and/or territories.

Hang on Sinky we don't want the country over run with Mick Jaggers. They could be very hard to eradicate, especially with drugs. He's probably consumed most that's available and he still lives.

No what Old Sarge said was "Stone the Crows." My interpretation of his suggestion is.

The Crows peck out the Toad livers, the Toads explode and die.
You then get the Crows stoned with an halucinating drug.
The Crows then think they are fish, dive into the water and peck out the livers of the Crown of Thorn Starfish, who also explode and die, after which the Crows drown.

It's a long shot but it just might work!!

Poida said:
The Crows peck out the Toad livers, the Toads explode and die.
You then get the Crows stoned with an halucinating drug.
The Crows then think they are fish, dive into the water and peck out the livers of the Crown of Thorn Starfish, who also explode and die, after which the Crows drown.

It's a long shot but it just might work!!

Finding the right drug will be the tricky part.

Had a mate once who had a Cow and a Goat which got through the back farm Fence into into his private plantation.
One hell of a body stone for Goat he ate most of it , he and the Cow slept for days.
They say they then milked the cow and got a little happy of the milk but that could be just Bull poo, kinda like drinking the bong water, not that i have ever done that or approve of the use of Drugs
There favorite saying was " reality is only an illusion caused by the lack of Drugs''
But i Digress
Wouldnt the cow go tripping if he licked the Cane Toad ( they secrete a susbstance on there skin which is like Acid/ trips) and start watching all the pritty colours and start talking to the birds and just forget about eating the Toad after all.
Some Hippies will even lick a Toad if the are desperate enough for a fix

Crusty

Reactions: DeepThought
If you could just convince the Japanese that cane toads are a delicacy and that they are an aphrodisiac, you would have to put them on the endangered species in less than a year :D :D :D You could sell them for $ 50.00 a pound.

Reactions: Oldsarge
dallasdiver said:
If you could just convince the Japanese that cane toads are a delicacy and that they are an aphrodisiac, you would have to put them on the endangered species in less than a year :D :D :D You could sell them for $ 50.00 a pound.
Good idea! Though I think you mean Chinese. :)

If I could broaden your statement there Dallas Diver not only try to market them as an afro dizzy yak. See if we can find any use for them.

So we have three major nuisances in Australia, Crown of Thorn Star Fish, Cane Toads and John Howard.

Mentioning John Howard was not politically motivated, I mentioned him for two reasons.
1. He is totally useless.
2. It is very hard to tell the difference between John Howard and a Cane Toad.

So if we do find a market for the Cane Toad one of my DB friends might come to Australia spear what they think is a 90 Kg marketable animal only to find it is as usefull as a wart on a Green Tree Frog.

Now what can we use a dead Cane Toad for.
* Cane Toad Purse
* Shove a stick up it's arse and use it as a back scratcher.
Are Star Fish edible, it looks fairly puffy must be something inside we can get our laughing gear around.
Crown of Thorn Star Fish
* Tea Pot Cover
* Hot Water Bottle
* A bag to put your Cane Toad Purse in.
* Slippers
Just to mention a few.

Reactions: BatRay
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT