• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Australia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

abstar_15

Apr 6, 2005
hey all
im an australian industrial design studen i have an assignment, where i have to pick an extreem sport, i have chosen free diving! i want to design a piece of equipment that makes your experence more exciting...
if you have ne sugestions i would be really happy!!!
or if there are problems with existing equipment that you watn to change..
give me a buzz thanks

Funny
I am a freediver sharing office with 4-5 designers in Sweden. One of them asked me the same question. He soon lost intrest when I told him about the insignificant potential market.
The weakest link in my freediving is still my body - I´ll get back to you when that changes.

Sebastian/Sweden

Try to design a wide field-of-view, fashion-sharp freediving mask, internally flodded with water, while containing some kind of lenses that corrects the light in water, so that the freediver can see clearly without having to waste air on equalizing a mask.
(The principle already exists, check http://www.fluidgoggles.com/ to see what I mean.)

Either that, or find a way to create affordable smoothskin wetsuits in any possible desired color and mix configuration without loosing the benefit of the smoothskin, f.i. for use of national representation in competitions.

Best I can think of.

Chris Engelbrecht, Copenhagen

Reactions: sinkweight
Here's one for ya. Try and make the float follow you without a rope!!! The dam rope gets caught around you as your diving and snagged on rocks and reef. You need the float for two reasons, 1. so boats etc know where you are. 2. to hang your fish off.

Maybe an IR device where the float will always stay within a certain distance of you. rofl , yeah now I'm being silly, but something to prevent this problem would be great.

Cheer's.

1) The problem is that the more efficient monofin foot pockets are, the less comfertable they get. Not a very glamourous project though.

2) There was some patent posted here (try the seach option) about a fin that is made of wings that are attached to your shins in some manner somewhere here, it might look freaky enough to attract attention=good design project. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT