• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Australian freedivers interested in conducting scientific research

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gerard

Oct 3, 2002
Hi there,

If any Australian freedivers are interested in attending a research in the areas of physiology and psychology please contact the following researcher:

Andrew Bulmer (abulmer@hms.uq.edu.au)

Phd Student
School of Human Movement Studies
University of Queensland

Gerard.

Hello Gerard,
I'm contacting you in relation to my previous emails about our research study investigating the physcological and physiological differences between trained and untrained freedivers. Currently, we are in the midst of testing and are seeking both trained and untrained persons to participate. Having contacted you previously I was wondering if you were still interested in participating and if you were, whether you would be available attend our lab at QUT (KG) on a Friday afternoon. If you are still interested and would like to participate I would be more than happy to forward to you an information package and informed consent form for your perusal. It would be great to have you as trained subject in this study and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

hi Gerard

Long time between drinks mate ;)

I would be interested If I lived in Brisbane but I dont so Im not much hope. Maybe you could do it on a few spearos in the area.

cheers

Hey Gerard I live in brisbane what does this research consist of.
Im pretty new to the sport so i could be the untrained subject.
Cheers,
Iain

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT