• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Back to basics

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dogmatrix

Deeper Blues pet
Jun 4, 2002
Perhaps this is in the wrong thread... if so feel free to change it. The attached is a pic we took of one of the PNG boys speargun setup, the handle actually works like the casette in a euro gun (pinches the shaft) that black stuff is rubber like off a bike tube and it holds "trigger" making it pinch the shaft. the shaft is a bit of heavy guage wire and you hit it with the grinder to sharpen.

If you look at it though there is a lot of similarities to the spearguns we are all currently using... has a little guide on the muzzle for spear, has a "pinch mechanism trigger" uses a lockwire bridle, (they put each rubber on seperately)...

Anyway i am also heading back to PNG in July I think... long as nothing go's to wrong there should be a fw other people heading up with me... shadow ect. if you want to know a little more check out www.spearfishing.com.au and check out the "chitchat" thread under "PNG THE RETURN".

Cheers Rob

Attachments

• james.jpg
    james.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 508
Reactions: Shadowkiller
hi Rob

Thats a wild looking gun dude the PNG version of the railgun eh :D

cheers

And that funky green floatline...:D

Hey Rob, do they make their masks too? Ive seen some home-made jobs of innertube and tinted windscreen, not low-volume but!:hmm

that's cool.

I love seeing that kind of stuff - i.e. Iya's pictures from one of his trips as well. Do you have any more pics?

Yep I have a fair few pics Fuzz, I have some of some jacks trout and rainboow runner we shot... some mack tuna we shot... a small dogtooth that annoyed me till it was shot... umm few other tuna that we caught on lines some more trout and stuff...

On the nature Side I have Waterfall pics taken from the chopper, shows how dense the jungle is, I have pics of volcanoes, I have all sorts of pics... problem is they are pretty large... I will probly send a quick qrite up I did on the trip to Shadowkiller by mail and if it is not to big he can throw it on his website... If deeper blue want to run a copy of the story and a few pics (6mb worth of story and pics) I can always e-mail it to them or post a CD with story and heaps of pics... I was going to send in a short copy to international freediver + spearo news but I have a feeling the file didn't send (it was just a 2mb rough). Anyway you guys dictate what you want... if you want the story and pics... I need an e-mail addy I can send it to (from uni).

Shadow the boys use those tiny little goggles similar to those used for racing... they are dodgy as and more often then not fill up with water... I generally just lend them my spare mask!

One trick worth picking up is using Hibiscus as an anti-fog... you crush some leaves up dunk them in salt water then rub them all over the inside of your mask Rinse out once and your on your way :)

Righto balls in your courts! :) All the best Rob... oh and shadow... could I grab a mail address from you? or would you prefe I email that file and pics to you?

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT