• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Back to DXB

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mishu1984

Halla Waaaaallllaaa
Aug 15, 2002
Day before yesterday i drove back to Dubai from Qatar. Once at the border i called up Ali, my dive buddy here, to see if we could setup a dive. He said yes, so daydreaming of fish kept my mind busy as i drove for the next 4 hours at 180kph.
When i got to DXB we decided to meet up the next day. Given that i was a bit tired from the 5 hour drive from Doha, we met up at 2pm and hit the water by 3

Ali has this thing where he likes to push his luck. For example, were leaving Shindaga, and he decides that we should dive the Port Rashid breakwaters.
so the conversation went a little like this:

Ali: We should dive the entrance on port rashid
Me: only if you want to get us arrested
Ali: its ok, im local
Me: watever man, were still going to get in trouble

So we dive the entrance of Mina Rashid. Lo and behold and to no ones surprize within the first hour a coast guard boat pulls up along our boat and they had that look on their face like "unless these idiots are locals, theyre going to jail"

gladly, one of the idiots is local so all we got was a warning.

we got 3 faskars, and 1 sweetlips.
viz was crap!!!! the viz in Doha is a million gagillion zillion times better

DSCF0733.jpg

Reactions: spaghetti and Erik
Day before yesterday i drove back to Dubai from Qatar. Once at the border i called up Ali, my dive buddy here, to see if we could setup a dive. He said yes, so daydreaming of fish kept my mind busy as i drove for the next 4 hours at 180kph.
When i got to DXB we decided to meet up the next day. Given that i was a bit tired from the 5 hour drive from Doha, we met up at 2pm and hit the water by 3

Ali has this thing where he likes to push his luck. For example, were leaving Shindaga, and he decides that we should dive the Port Rashid breakwaters.
so the conversation went a little like this:

Ali: We should dive the entrance on port rashid
Me: only if you want to get us arrested
Ali: its ok, im local
Me: watever man, were still going to get in trouble

So we dive the entrance of Mina Rashid. Lo and behold and to no ones surprize within the first hour a coast guard boat pulls up along our boat and they had that look on their face like "unless these idiots are locals, theyre going to jail"

gladly, one of the idiots is local so all we got was a warning.

we got 3 faskars, and 1 sweetlips.
viz was crap!!!! the viz in Doha is a million gagillion zillion times better

LOL WALLA mishu you are lucky rofl
welcome back :D

hehehe thanks Sara.
is fujeira worth the drive this time of year or is it better in winter? yes, im planning on taking my speargun :p

Welcome back :D

2 weeks ago i went with fryguy to diba and it was nice as i believe we do not have boat but still the spot we dive at was nice. We didnot got many as the first fish that we shoot was like 1/2 KGs was solver color similar to sheree but something else it escape also we got one jash and some small hamoors as well as soltan ebraheem one piece and some small fish, and do not forget the squid fryguy gave it good shoot in the eyes hehehe.

I believe khorfakkan and diba are best to dive. I am not familiar with dubai or abu dahbi, and my idea based on sea shore :D

INSHALLAH you will get many from there, but stay away from police, and restricted areas :D

Last edited:
Welcome back mishu!!! That was a nice adventure for a comeback hehehehe...Any idea if polespearing is illegal here in abu dhabi?

Local friend told me that pole spear fishing is allowed, but better if u call 181 and ask for coast guards telephone number and you can ask them.

~~pe@ce~~

Hey nice dive post buddy !

As for bad visibility, its pretty much the same here at this time of the year as well. I guess the elevated water temperature and high plankton concentration have its effect.

thanks bro. i got you the 1meter bungie. they also have it in two meters and it stretches to more than 6 meters. let me know and il get it for you. i got the most amazing gun bag from Al-Sammak. its Rabitech. i might go and get a bag for my fins and other stuff later on when i get some more cash. let me know if you want one. the gun bag fits my 130 with the spear in the trigger, so it should fit your 140 with the spear on the side.

Mishu
If you had dived on the east coast this weekend you would have been SICK. We had a trail of BROWN sh1t stretching for kilometres. Some on the surface, and some from 4metres to 10metres. it was truly a long brown cloud, i watched freedivers entering the cloud from the surface, their fins disappearing into oblivion, and as i went down to buddy for at least 4 metres it was yellow and you could not see the line.

The ocean in this country is getting very very polluted. we finished the dives, i accidentally drank some of the ocean water and i cannot explain how ill i felt all afternoon and still today.

Personally, I would not eat any of the local fish from this country, especially if it is fished from the east coast as the water is nothing but MUCK.

Reactions: spaghetti
salamat Sara!
for some reason, mostly because of that nifty book, UAE underwater explorer, i always thought that the east coast would be cleaner and clearer. also, they dont seem to have 3 palm projects with tons of silt in the water like the west coast.

as for the brown stuff, did it smell funny? or was it just brown and odorless? could it have been algae bloom or maybe even red tide?

i might drive down for a beach dive on the weekend. any suggestions?

Reactions: island_sands
it stank and it was definitely not red tide or plankton of any sort. there was no life in it, it wasnt even sand.

it was pure filtered "treated" sewage..... i'll ask the dive centre if it improves during the week and letcha know :)

Is it that bad in Dubai?!? I mean the worse it can get around Qatar would be some 2m of visibility is super windy weather, middle of summer and full 3m high tide!!!!! When Mishu told me that sometimes he wouldn't be able to see his hand while diving, I felt really happy to be in Qatar :) :) :) !!!!

I guess pollution and over construction in the sea is to be blamed (those world islands, palm islands and so on...) !!!!

Heehee, cmon the bint was totally worth the cops... Id do it again in a heartbeat... with authorization of course :)

Inshalla tomorrow Ill give you a report, and maybe post something on DB, on Khorfakkan...

BTW the rabitech is a dream to shoot. Dont get me wrong, the Omer T20 is good, but maybe I should elaborate on this for another post?

Mishu
We had a trail of BROWN sh1t stretching for kilometres. Some on the surface, and some from 4metres to 10metres. it was truly a long brown cloud, i watched freedivers entering the cloud.

Don't worry not a problem. It has NEVER been a problem. Just three words from the well known gear expert: Omer Brown Mimetic!!! :)
For the perfect camo in the new environmental situation:
snorkel:
tp04003.jpg

mask:[/B]
omalienbrownthumb.jpg

---
fins:
pegasosoft.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
Heehee, cmon the bint was totally worth the cops... Id do it again in a heartbeat... with authorization of course :)

Inshalla tomorrow Ill give you a report, and maybe post something on DB, on Khorfakkan...

BTW the rabitech is a dream to shoot. Dont get me wrong, the Omer T20 is good, but maybe I should elaborate on this for another post?

Ladies and gentlemen, i present my dive partner

yes ali, worth it this time, but next time when u manage to get us arrested it wont be :head

I been so far 4 times to khorfakan. Just one time i could see the sea was not clean...
Most of time it was nice and clean.. I am not sure which area you are speaking about Sara...

anyway let mishu check it out and let us know

~~pe@ce~~

I been so far 4 times to khorfakan. Just one time i could see the sea was not clean...
Most of time it was nice and clean.. I am not sure which area you are speaking about Sara...

anyway let mishu check it out and let us know

~~pe@ce~~

Talk to anyone who dived from Khor Fakkan this weekend. Talk to my stomach too, it will throw you a full comment! :D

I were there in khorfakkan actually this weekend :p it was like 10 minutes away by car from the spot i dived at in diba but one time i been there and it was really stinky :D and no need to through any comment i got the point :D:D:D

~~pe@ce~~

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT