• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

back to the start

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fishboyjosh

Jul 23, 2005
hi everyone,

iv sed before that i am very new to this sport, my tequnique at the moment is really poor. i wud really really appreciate sum advice on how to hyperventilate properly, how to ease trhe heart rate. anythin and everythin.

thanx peoples

josh

joshthezeppellin@hotmail.co.uk

Hey Josh,

Have you tried searching the Forums yet mate? Pretty easy and you can learn alot from past threads. Saves people repeating themselves answering the same questions. This site is packed with heaps of info and most of your questions have probably been discussed before so it might be easier to do a quick search rather than wait for replies. Just a thought.

Catchya, Lachlan

Hey Josh :)
Im hardly the expert but have a quick search on breath up in the freedive section. Dont be afraid of asking questions either, that is the whole point of forums and we are here for the beginner as well as the expert. Have fun and stay safe ;)

Josh
Whowowow neddy! NEVER HYPERVENTILATE! You mess with the composition of your blood and make it hard for the CO2 ( The bit that tells you when to breath ) to reach the places that it should! In short you black out.. Long slow deep breaths from the belly are the way forward! Always take your snorkell out of your mouth when you dive and never dive or train alone..

Where are you based to start with as I can point you in the direction of some tutors or clubs if you want.

Send me a PM ( private message ) if you want more info or you just want to know what good and whats not so good with your training.

B. :cool:

Reactions: DeepThought
hey

first of all im new to the whole forum thing so if my askin old questions is annoying people sorry. :eek:

im from kent in england and im tryin to get as much freedivin in as i can before i join the navy defence dive skool so im hungry for more info on how to better my technique. my static breath hold pb is 3 mins 2 secs. but i cant match it again. i really dont understand the whole hyperventilation thing. any good hints were to read up on it.

just a quick edit: im about to order a cheap monofin, neverhad one so wat measures should i get and wat foot size-do i need to order half a size to small?? im a uk size 10.

thanks peeps

Last edited:
Fishboyjosh said:
first of all im new to the whole forum thing so if my askin old questions is annoying people sorry. :eek:

Fire away with the questions mate. Don't hold back as I'm sure no one is annoyed, after all that is what is a forum is for. My suggestion was just that maybe it is quicker to do a search. That is why I love this site. There is so many topics and info that has been covered already, it is amazing the stuff you can stumble upon. Hope you have some success in chasing your answers.

Catchya, Lachlan

I own a WaterWay Model 1 mono. I would recommend getting a size larger then the shoe you wear. In my experience, the rubber shoe is much too tight if you get a size that matches your shoe size. Also, consider that if you will be wearing the fin for any length of time, it will chafe. I wrap my foot in a square sheet of 3 millimeter plastic that is about six inches on the size. That works better then neoprene sox for me.

If you are going to train at Horsea then see if Emma will let you in on a SETT tank course. ( -30M in a warm bath! )

Are you sure that you want a monofin?? They take a long time to learn how to really use properly ( Go to Russia ) and for the price you could have a nice pair of carbon c4s or the like, dont think that you have to have a mono fin to be a freediver just cos every body else has one, Mark harris will back me up on this!

Never train alone, not even in the bath!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT