• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

OMSDiver

Apr 15, 2016
Going to be in Nassau in the end of July 2018. Been trying to find a way to do some freediving and spearing while I'm there and striking out for the most part. Anyone have any recommendations? Found one place that seems familiar with spearing, but hard to justify chartering a boat for just myself. Anyone going to be there that would want to join?

oms diver, I don't know much about diving in Nassau but the out islands have great diving/spearing. There is easy shore diving with nice fish and a great spear charter Reel Addictive charters on Long Island. I might be interested in coming down in July for some free diving and spearing. Let me know if you find anything out about Nassau. Victor

Wish I could go to the outer islands. Wife likes the action. I like the off-the-beaten track. If I'm going to leave her behind and go dive, I have to park her where she wants to be!

Talked with Born Free Charters today. The owner is a spearo, and he said he could set me up with his small boat and a captain who is experienced with it. I'd have to dive alone, though, which I'm not looking to do. Unless i caught him on a slow day, then he'd go along with me. Said he doesn't get in the water as much as he used to, so he'd love to go if it worked out. I'm checking on costs, so I'll report back when I know more. I'll be there July 21-29, so I'll be pretty flexible on when to go.

I'll be in Nassau at the end of June. I booked with someone I found on instagram who is also an underwater photo/video guy. I'll be doing a half day off Nassau and should get some great shots. It's not cheap though. Boat $550, Guide/Photo/Video $650.

I'll be in Nassau at the end of June. I booked with someone I found on instagram who is also an underwater photo/video guy. I'll be doing a half day off Nassau and should get some great shots. It's not cheap though. Boat $550, Guide/Photo/Video $650.
Who is the person. Might be able to give you intel on them.

Yea I'm pumped!

Sure thing, I'll let him know. Thanks for your feedback.

I'll post pics, etc when I get back.

Wanted to post some of the pics from the trip, like I promised.

Andre was great to spear with all day.

Attachments

• Nick Payton for Social Media 1.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media 1.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 297
  • Nick Payton for Social Media-2.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media-2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Nick Payton for Social Media-3.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media-3.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Nick Payton for Social Media-4.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media-4.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 303
  • Nick Payton for Social Media-5.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media-5.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Nick Payton for Social Media-6.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media-6.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 311
  • Nick Payton for Social Media-7.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media-7.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Nick Payton for Social Media-8.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media-8.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 304
  • Nick Payton for Social Media-9.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media-9.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Nick Payton for Social Media-10.jpg
    Nick Payton for Social Media-10.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 292
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT