• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bakersfield California

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Chad StClair

Nov 15, 2016
I there from the Central Valley!! Takes me a bit more planning then those fortunate enough to just look at the ocean and decide weather they want to dive lol. But willing to travel to get wet and spear or Saftey for you I work a lot but would love to plan out some dives for weekends any time just let me know. Pfi intermediate diver deepest dive 30 meters. Not to sure on good spots to go diving as I am newer to the area but got a kayak and have done some diving near morro bay and pismo shell beach. So if anyone needs a partner give me a couple weeks notice and hopefully we could do some diving!!

Chad StClair

Welcome to Deeperblue! I originally hail from the Fresno area. I used to dive mainly in Monterey. Even a low-viz dive off of the Breakwater or Del Monte was a welcome chance to get in the water. What sort of sites are there around Morro bay and Pismo? Where'd you do your PFI?

Did pfi course in San Diego off La Jolla which was epic vis for me 50' used to 15'or less lol shell beach has some rock structure and kelp shollow dives 25 feet with some ling and rockfish and morro is same depth with a lot of perch I am going to try and get out of the bay next time and yak out a ways I guess there is some deeper reefs out there by morro, but I have never dove them. There is a charter boat I am going to try and hook up with also out of morro that does scuba spearing but I haven't spoke with them yet. I just moved to Bakersfield from coarsegold lol so time has been short as I am starting to itch to get back in the water!!! Now I will also be close to Ventura and need to get down there and find some spots/buddies I would love to make it out to the islands one of these days!!

Chad

Ha, I used to live in Coarsegold as well, in the YLP area. Nice place, but it was time to move on.

I hear good things about the visibility in La Jolla. Gave it a shot, but the viz was less than three feet! Talk about bad timing. Best viz I've seen was during a Catalina trip awhile back. It was about 50'. Worst was near-zero viz off of Del Monte beach. It was my second certification dive and I couldn't see the bottom when I was kneeling on it.

Right on we where up north dome in ylp small world lol where u at now?? You spear or line dive? Ever make it out to the Channel Islands?

I was also right off of North Dome, on Sentinel. We sold the house, lingered around Fresno for a little while, then took the plunge. Living in San Diego now. I used to freedive and dabbled a bit in spearfishing, but it's been quite a while since I have been diving. I really do need to remedy that!

Haven't been to Channel Islands, but I hear it's worth the trip.

Well hit me up if you want to go one of these weekends I need exuse to go back down that way!! I heard there is a military ship they sunk down there I would love to hit one of these days as well!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT