• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Balisic of the shaft

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tromic

Aug 13, 2007
Here is an approximation of shaft's underwater speed and energy. The formula is based on a few measurements in swimming pool. Mono line of 120 lb was used to tie the shaft. Measurement had been done by Italian guy Luciano Garibbo.
Starting speed (v0) and mass of the shaft (m) could be changed. Function might be usable to 5 m distance.

Attachments

• ShaftBalistic.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Uputa.jpg
    Uputa.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
There is a mistake in calculations.
When I put the shaft weight 560g - energy and speed increase with distance ;)

There is a mistake in calculations.
When I put the shaft weight 560g - energy and speed increase with distance ;)

Thanks! There is no mistake but the formula have restrictions. It is based on measurement for mass of the shaft form about 200 - 400 g, and for distances to about 5 m. :friday

Interesting, here is what I got. Try to upload the formula again. Maybe you accidentally changed the speed calculation.

Attachments

• Formula.JPG
    Formula.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Exsel can not mistaken...
And him without difference what weight of the harpoon if correct formula is used...
In this case work on calculation it is necessary to try back...
А for this take the worker material Luchano Garibbo.
Where possible their see?

Last edited:

Vladimir, I think something is wrong with your calculation in this excel file on the link.
I compared performance on 3 m:
Vlanik 120, on 39 bar, 595 g shaft: speed - 8,6 m/s, energy - 22 J;
Cyrano 85 (vacuum barrel), on 25 bar, 300 g shaft: speed - 12,3 m/s, energy - 22 J;

I am sure Vlanik 120 must have better performance than according to your excel file! Data for Cyrano is very near to measurement results in swimming pool.

Counting out data derives from back edge of the harpoon...
When nose of the harpoon passes the distance 3 m, tail of the harpoon passes whole 2 m...
Consequently and evidences will others...
Their it is necessary to take from columns 2 metres...
21,92 m/sec. 45,665 dzh.
--------
I have copied exel...
Now he takes into account the long worker of the move of the harpoon...
http://vlanikgun.narod.ru/Vlanik.xls

Last edited:
Counting out data derives from back edge of the harpoon...
When nose of the harpoon passes the distance 3 m, tail of the harpoon passes whole 2 m...
Consequently and evidences will others...
Their it is necessary to take from columns 2 metres...
21,92 m/sec. 45,665 dzh.
--------
I have copied exel...
Now he takes into account the long worker of the move of the harpoon...
http://vlanikgun.narod.ru/Vlanik.xls

You must adjust it better. Now you have starting speed v0 = 25.8 m/s on distance 0,95 m and should be 0 m, or v0 should be more than 25.8 m/s?

You must adjust it better. Now you have starting speed v0 = 25.8 m/s on distance 0,95 m and should be 0 m, or v0 should be more than 25.8 m/s?
Now counting out to distances goes from tip of the harpoon...
During runaway harpoon passes the way 0,95 m...
and gains the velocity 25,8 m/sec...
So all it is correct...
I hurried and hid one necessary earl...
This cross-section of the most thick part of harpoon (мидель) shall Presently remake...
-----------------------------
Has Corrected...
Possible скачивать....

Last edited:
Now counting out to distances goes from tip of the harpoon...
During runaway harpoon passes the way 0,95 m...
and gains the velocity 25,8 m/sec...
So all it is correct...
I hurried and hid one necessary earl...
This cross-section of the most thick part of harpoon (мидель) shall Presently remake...
-----------------------------
Has Corrected...
Possible скачивать....

What is more important is that you make good guns and have good ideas! :friday

Much interesting see in this subject tests different weapon...
With result of the measurements external and internal ballistics of the harpoon...
This helped write the more exact programs a calculation for all types of the weapon...
The Many constructor of such program simply necessary...
To as far back as process конструирования, possible was pawn necessary parameters of the functioning gun

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT