• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Band choice for beuchat marlin carbon 105cm

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

such86

Aug 1, 2016
I have recently bought a Beuchat marlin carbon 105cm for a good price and would like to modify it. I will replace the spear with a 7mm sharkfin 140cm and 2 (16mm or 17mm bands). Here is my question how do i know what band length I should have and should the size differ from the first and second slot?
What are you using?
Thanks

People have a lot of different opinions about how tight bands should be, the amount of stretch, best diameter to use etc.

I am reasonably sure that your 105 gun is based on the barrel length. We use that same type of description (e.g., a 100 cm MAKO has a barrel length of 100 cm). the total gun is longer.

We offer a 100 and 110 cm gun, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page you can see various band length recommendations. You should be able to pick something between the 100 and 110 cm sizes. It is a little dependent on the location of the spear notches as well.

We offer all the materials to make your own bands and also sell custom ones made to the customer's wishes. This link (at the bottom) should give you a good handle on what you are looking for.

thanks

Dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/Predator-Pro-3rd-Generation-Speargun-p/mpp3gr.htm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT