• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bandito standard series gun 36"

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Frenzyfinder

May 11, 2016
Of the little info on the web about this gun it seems like it's of no good. They say it's only accurate a spear length away. My dad bought it awhile ago and never used. Pics uploaded, maybe some Of you have experience with this gun?

uploadfromtaptalk1463171157628.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463171164696.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463171170533.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463171173956.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463171177216.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I don't have any experience with this particular gun but essentially any speargun once you strip it down, is just a muzzle to hold the rubbers, a mech to hold the spear, a trigger to release it and a tube or wood to separate the two and allow the rubbers to be stretched. I don't see why that gun shouldn't work fine, two things to bare in mind, change the wire wishbones, they can snap without warning and really cause injury and make sure the mech is still working ok. Once you've done that, clean the spear head and probably change the shooting line. A few simple tweaks and your good to go, these days people get too hung up on this spearguns better than that one, especially when starting out, take it in the sea, get comfortable out there and enjoy yourself. Starting with simple stuff is better than the all the gear, no idea brigade, don't purchase expensive stuff when starting out because you will find out what you really need as you progress, different length, band configuration, pneumatic etc. That gun will be fine for small fish and when starting out that's what you should be going for, the biggest thing is learning to be comfortable in the sea, the rest falls into place............. well I think so anyway, Good luck and dive safe ;)

Reactions: foxfish
I have to agree with Pinniped. This wouldn't be my favorite gun, but I doubt that you are out to shoot big blue fin tuna. Its a hell of a lot better than my first "gun" which was a Hawaiian sling in the early 1950s. Go try it out rather than wasting money on expensive stuff. Then experience will guide you.

I realised that metal wishbone in general are dangerous because if they do derail they will take a finger.

Also found I I'm looking at Getting a new spear because mine is not smooth notched

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT