• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beach Diving not so bad!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Aquiles

King of the Kup KK04'
Sep 19, 2001
Ever since I started school I started swimming off shore. I hated beach entries. The water was always murky and the swim was a pain. That was till I found dinner. Little did I know that If you dodged enough boats there is a bounty to be had off the shore. Now I know lots of local spots to pick up bugs. Probably the biggest bug that I have gotten was off the beach just two blocks from my house. It just goes to show you that you can never say NO until you give something a try.

Cheers

Aquiles

Last edited:
One is legal and the other is near five pounds. That thing weighed almost as much as one of my ears :blackeye

Attachments

• lobster 5.jpg
    lobster 5.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 640
here is off an undisclosed beach in Ft. Lauderdale :hmm

Attachments

• lob truck.jpg
    lob truck.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 617
Coño

Nice Bugs. Did you have them Enchilado with white rice and maduros:p

...and of course una fria (a cold one)

Last edited:
Nice Bugs!!!

-- Way to score the Bugs, Aquiles!
I have a good recipe, one that requires kaffir lime leaves and galanga!

Nice... not so many of the crawfish.. or bugs my end of the world but we have the nice bitey version lobsters.. thought you might like this piccy, 11lb of tasty dinner... from bit of wreckage in 15m took two of us to pry him loose (thats not me by the way) Titus claimed the glory! (git!) Oh he was named Mr pinchy and tasted good!

Attachments

• titusandpinchy.jpg
    titusandpinchy.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 490
ooooo sorry that picture was huge! the week after we took another that weighed 10lbs from the exact same spot.. the beast above, after faking being dead snapped an inox spear when we tried to poke him into an old scout water boiler! (it was the only thing big enough!)

That is a monster of an lobster.. Wow, I can imagine it being called mr. pinchy... looks like the kind of guy I would give an other thought before trying to get it out from its chosen place..

Pekka

Well well well

I just wonder if Mr. Pinchy did make that wreck himself, from a nice boat passing by up there. Those claws bites through steel hulls man:hmm

Joe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT