• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

beginner question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Vlado

Apr 19, 2004
Hi Everyone

I am very happy to find this forum.

I got interested in freediving sport recently. Although I enjoyed "freediving" all my life, never knowing it was a well developed sport nowadays. I can do 50m distance without fins atm which is I think ok for a beginner.

I am very interested in competing in dynamic apnea and also in 50m sprint. That is my primarly goal now. Since I live on continent, I do not get to enjoy freediving in the open water so much, only maybe 20-30 days a year. But I would definetely like to try this new equipment on the sea as well.

My question is what would you recommend for monofins, mask and snorkel regarding these needs that I have?

I am now looking for a good starting equipment and all help would be much apreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Vladimir

Cressi Competition suit, Cressi Gara 2000HF or Gara 3000 fins, Cressi Super Occhio mask with Cressi America snorkel, Cressi 3 or 5mm gloves and Mares Classic 3mm socks is what Im using here in Norway, and Iam very pleased with my equipment. I also use a Suunto D3 diving computer designed for free diving and so far it works very well.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT