• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beginner

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JohnnyMazatlan

May 13, 2016
Hello I'm Johnny,

From LA California new at spear fishing with harpoon, wet suit and all the gear. Grew up in Mazatlan by the ocean spearfishing with a stick and a rubber band. Looking to spend more time on the water catching fish. You guys have a great group here thanks for all the useful information read lots before joining the forum.

Hey Johnny,

Sounds awesome. I am new aswell totally to spearfishing . learned alot about parts of my gun and apnea practice from guys on this forum.

Btw, are you running metal wishbones,on your bands?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Hello Frenzyfinder,

Thanks for the reply, and yes running metal which bones, got a Seac 75cm. I'm having a hard time loading in the water, but just found some videos with loading techniques that I'm trying next week. The suit also makes me little uncomfortable is a 3.5 mm I never used a suit for surfing but the water is cold here in California defiantly a must to fish safely.

Hey Johnny,

Sounds awesome. I am new aswell totally to spearfishing . learned alot about parts of my gun and apnea practice from guys on this forum.

Btw, are you running metal wishbones,on your bands?

Hello Frenzyfinder,

Thanks for the reply, and yes running metal which bones, got a Seac 75cm. I'm having a hard time loading in the water, but just found some videos with loading techniques that I'm trying next week. The suit also makes me little uncomfortable is a 3.5 mm I never used a suit for surfing but the water is cold here in California defiantly a must to fish safely.
I just shot my gun for the first time today running metal wishbones. I had no trouble loading the metal wishbones. I did have one of the bands snap before I loaded it all the way back. Eeeewk! They are 10 year old bands sitting in a garage though lol.

I will be going with dyneema wishbones eventually. Will have to change my shaft though:/

Welcomes from the north johnny, glad to see another Californian on here. I hear ventura and La Jolla are superb spearing spots down in your area. I hope to make it out there for yellow tail and maybe spiny lobster thus season. Anyways glad to have you on board

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT