• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Benjamin Franz : Help

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

efattah

Mar 2, 2001
Someone speculated that Benjamin Franz may have suffered a DCS accident due to gradual nitrogen accumulation over many days of doing deep no-limits dives every day. If someone is adept at using deco computer programs, perhaps someone could plug a profile in and see how much residual nitrogen would exist 24 hours after a no-limits dive.

I am very concerned about this, not only for Benjamin's sake, but because Tanya Streeter will be doing a series of deep no-limits dives, possibly closely spaced, while training for her 140m no-limits attempt. Perhaps this is already a clue that Tanya should observe extra long surface intervals (i.e. diving every other day). Better safe than sorry.

Let's hope Benjamin recovers soon.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Decompression ?

Why don't the people doing the No-limits dive use a tank to decompress afterwoulds ?

ie Straight after the No-limits dive spend at least 10 minutes at say 10m then 5m on 50/50 oxygen that should ofload the nitrogen a lot.

I understand using enriched O2 before a dive would invalidate a record, can't see any reason why you can't use after a dive, specially in training.

Could also use normal air if you had to, but would take longer.

Cheers,
Wal

Aren't their some basic rules about deep freediving like, double your surface interval from your bottom time?
In deep mix dives most of the people I dive with limit it to one a day. Lately we have been doing two a day with at least a 4-6 hour surface interval. I would think that a surface interval of that duration would make sense. Maybe something along the lines of, "If your safety diver can't go back in than neither should you?"
Do you guys ever do any doppler tests after deep dives? I am sure that they must have been done on Pipin during all of the testing they did on him. What does he do to stay safe? Hasn't he been bent before on some of his stuff? What kind of protocal is he using?
I can't imagine any dive table that would let you go to 500' many times a day with a rocket ascent- even if it were for only a few minutes.
I like the idea of decoing out after a deep freedive. I believe that would limit you to the one dive a day if you did that.
Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT