• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best app for waves?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Homerkp

Sep 21, 2018
Hey everyone. I've been using the app Windy for all my weather needs, including waves. However I notice that when it's very wavy where I am the reading is way off. I wrote this on their message board and someone told me that they don't get the readings themselves, but rather from another company. I went to the other company's site and found it convoluted so I gave up.

Does anyone know a RELIABLE app? Specifically for the mediterranean, Greece.

Reactions: DivingNomad
For Greece, the Poseidon weather system!
Their site is shit, but the info is good. It's not as detailed in zoom level as Windy, so you'll have to apply the info they show to your own experience about your area.
You could also give the port authority a call on the day you want to go diving.

Last edited:
Hey thanks man. I had a look but it seems that on Poseidon they report more or less the same thing Windy does as far as Beaufort is concerned. Maybe I just live in a spot where the weather changes too quickly for the monitors, or whatever they use. I actually see the sea from my window, but it's more for predictions' sake. Btw I didn't see anything specifically mentioning spearfishing with regards to the quarantine, but I've been looking at a group on fb and it seems there's consensus that it's prohibited. What a drag.

Poseidon uses monitoring buoys off-shore. It's possible that Windy gets the information from them.

Predicting the weather... Well if they really could predict the future then they wouldn't work at the weather forecasters. :)

Btw I didn't see anything specifically mentioning spearfishing with regards to the quarantine, but I've been looking at a group on fb and it seems there's consensus that it's prohibited.
Swimming is allowed though. So we'll just make it some training time. For me I kind of welcome it even, because ever since my freediving turned into spearfishing I'm constantly in hunting-mode, and it's just too hard not to bring a spear. I miss just swimming around, exploring and being amazed.

Check the new Poseidon site:

Reactions: Leander and Homerkp
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT