• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best day so far

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

watts

small wins
Jun 27, 2004
Had my best freediving day so far. Adr, bennyb and I went down to Jervis bay 3 hours south of Sydney .I started the day at 4.20am and we made our way down . At around 9 we rocked up at Huskinson a sleepy fishing port and got some supplys and got suited up and put the boat in. We then made our way out in the bay bound for some diving with some seals . On arriving at the spot we were dissapointed to not see them there . Then we looked at the rockface more and started to see them all about 50 or so from small ones the size of a baby to the daddys about 5 foot long .It was great seeing them swim all around you . The more we moved and did tricks like spins and tumbles they seemed to be more interested . I swam right up to one on the surface about 1 m away and watched it wash itself until it spotted me and scattered .We then made our way back in the bay to do some deeper diving . After some static hangs and a negitive hang we went for some deeper dives I managed 32.6m or 107 foot which sounds better. :thankyou . Then we tryed some no fins and free imersion and headed for this secluded beach and had lunch . We then did some diving at a place which had these crazy overhangs and you could dive down and under the cliff face . After doing some jumps off the rocks into the water we made our way out to find this old plane that had crashed 50 years ago and landed in the bay .With the GPS location of the plane we scoured a section of the bay but didnt find the illusive aircraft ,oh well next time ! We then called it a day and made our way back. This was my bestest day diving so far . Diving with the seals and realy enjoying the whole experince and friends you meet along the way .Cant wait for more days like this . Loving it Nathan : :p :wave

Reactions: fuzz
Was indeed a brilliant day. To start off playing with seals and then to do a 32.3m PB made for a hyperactive Benny when he got home. Luckily his loving wife plied him with beer until I could talk at a normal speed again :p

Big thanks to Andy, James and Nath for a great day.

Cheers,
Ben

Reactions: watts
Sounds like a great day to me too!

Thanks for sharing!

Carlos.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT