• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best freedive/Spearing location

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ickledevil

take a breath and relax..
Apr 26, 2001
Hi all...
Im in the beginning stages of planning a holiday for late this year.. Nov/Dec.. Basically what i want is the usual of getting away from it all with the added luxury of beautiful diving and maybe some spearing so any suggestions... havnt really thought of it yet but New Zealand is on my list (i have been before and have family there) but i'd love something well more.. toyed with the idea of attending one of the freedive clinics/training courses too.. what really appeals is me.. maybe one or two others on a deserted tropical island with excellent diving and not a lot else.. call me wierd but i love the fending for yourself stuff! So any ideas on holiday destinations or anyone own a tropical island they wanna let me crash on for a month or two!?
Cheers
Joe

Hey Joe

South Africa buddy !! Either the Southern Cape Coast, Wilderness area, or Mozambique, or even Cape Town Itself, some good stuff off Cape Point. But by the sound of what you're after, the Southern Cape Coast has masses of un-explored spearfishing potential and LOTS of fish dude.

Cheers

jeff

Now that sounds interesting.. lots of potential there.. what are the costs like? i.e flights from the UK, places to stay etc etc.. dont mind roughing it one bit!

Hi Joe

I will get the info for you on flights etc, and send you a PM.

Regards

jeff

Thanks for the help, an no not ever heard of diving in madagasgar although im sure someone will have.
Cheers
Joe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT