• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best Low volume mask ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mark2508

Nov 6, 2021
Best low volume mask to buy? Had a Omer Alien before and now looking to replace , any thoughts ?

The best low vol mask is the one that fits. Second, the best field of view (my preference is up/down). Last is volume, unless you are a very deep line diver, in which case it's #2.

The sphera is good in all of these, its just not very durable.

Mares Samurai or Omer Abyss or Cressi Super Occhio are all the same mask - dives well - can go deep - lasts forever - are my preferences

Best low volume mask to buy? Had a Omer Alien before and now looking to replace , any thoughts ?
I tried a lot of masks. Bought some sold some.
At the end I like the Omer Zero 3, that can be found for cheap. But the newer Omer Aqua is great. It is like an upgraded Omer zero with some of the Omer Up-M1 qualities.
Slightly more volume, but still ultra low volume. Nicer silicone, thinner around the nose to facilitate equalization. Much better strap than the zero (like the up M1).

It seals better under the nose than the Omer UP M1 and has a wider field of view.

I like the C4 plasma, I have in camo, but the light/whiteish interior is distracting.

You could look into the sporasub Omer butterfly. It is heavier and not as low volume as the Aqua.

I had and lost the Mares X free. It was nice, but I feel the Omer Aqua is better and cheaper, although the Omer buckles are a bit finicky to extend the strap.
years ago I had the Salvimar Noah, but I felt pressure above my nose and besides my nostrils at times.

You can try a mask at the store, but sometimes in the water the feel is different.

Anyway Omer zero, Omer Aqua, Omer upm1, c4 plasma would be my picks.

I tried a lot of masks. Bought some sold some.
At the end I like the Omer Zero 3, that can be found for cheap. But the newer Omer Aqua is great. It is like an upgraded Omer zero with some of the Omer Up-M1 qualities.
Slightly more volume, but still ultra low volume. Nicer silicone, thinner around the nose to facilitate equalization. Much better strap than the zero (like the up M1).

It seals better under the nose than the Omer UP M1 and has a wider field of view.

I like the C4 plasma, I have in camo, but the light/whiteish interior is distracting.

You could look into the sporasub Omer butterfly. It is heavier and not as low volume as the Aqua.

I had and lost the Mares X free. It was nice, but I feel the Omer Aqua is better and cheaper, although the Omer buckles are a bit finicky to extend the strap.
years ago I had the Salvimar Noah, but I felt pressure above my nose and besides my nostrils at times.

You can try a mask at the store, but sometimes in the water the feel is different.

Anyway Omer zero, Omer Aqua, Omer upm1, c4 plasma would be my picks.
I have spent a small fortune on masks over the years, and have finally fallen in love with the c4 plasma.

Reactions: stefpix
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT