• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best Mech for a 120 and 110 woodie?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

AMACA

May 17, 2020
Hey Guys, pretty new to the forums but thanks in advance for the help.

Looking at building two guns, a 120 and 110(Hopefully the following information will help):

Both guns will be running a double 14mm rubber and will be having a double wrap at this stage.

Target species will be snapper, kingfish, mahi and other similar species, will hopefully be shooting fish upwards of 10kg etc.

Running a 7mm salvimar shaft on both guns(At this stage, not too sure thats just the shaft I have been recommended).

Because we are using 14mm rubber, wouldn't mind using a reverse mech(If that is a better option).

If you need more information, let me know, you probably don't even need all this info.

Currently looking at some of the neptonics mechs, eg https://neptonics.com/product/euro-mech-wide-mouth/

Thanks so much in advance, Angus

Ermessub double roller trigger. Unless you are building a midhandle it will be hard to beat.

You can find a lot of info about this trigger on the forums and YouTube.

Ermessub double roller trigger. Unless you are building a midhandle it will be hard to beat.

You can find a lot of info about this trigger on the forums and YouTube.

Oops, probably should of mentioned it was a traditional double 14 setup, thanks for the help anyway though!

I believe Kodama was answering your question & he was recommending a trigger, not a roller gun.
Neptonics are an excellent choice & are reliable & easy to fit, especially if you get one of their jigs.
I would probably go to 7.5mm in the 1200, depending on how much overhang you use. Good to see another Sydney sider, how good was the viso today, 12m was about the worst we found at several sites.

Reactions: Kodama
I believe Kodama was answering your question & he was recommending a trigger, not a roller gun.
Neptonics are an excellent choice & are reliable & easy to fit, especially if you get one of their jigs.
I would probably go to 7.5mm in the 1200, depending on how much overhang you use. Good to see another Sydney sider, how good was the viso today, 12m was about the worst we found at several sites.

Ah yes looking back he was answering the question, Just wasn't reading right!

I'll think about using a 7.5mm shaft for sure though.

Vis has been pretty good last week or so, have had a couple 15+ days at the local spots which is a refreshing change after the shit vis all summer lol.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT