• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

best monofin for speed finswimming

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pavlito

May 31, 2010
Hey guys i am new in finswimming but my coach says i am very potentional.i started 2 months ago and i bought a rocketfin with medium blade which is very comfortable.i know that i need a new monofin with my upcoming races.my races will be 50 apnoe,50 & 100 surface and maybe 100 underwater.what monofin would you suggest,what blade and if i have to buy 2 monofin?
Anything it would be usefull.thanks

Reactions: vali
Hi pavlito.generally into sprint you go for hard blade.rocketfin is the most popular now in greece so you can choose to go to hard blade.i tried one from a frind of mine and it was very fast and comfort.personally i wait in a week a yang from chen bin.in question tochen about short immersion(50apnea,100 immersion he prvoked me the qi model with hard blade
does anyone has an opinion about that?
Maybe i ll try it in the future

Thanks redevilchris.
I wonder if only in greece love finswimming races because noone else post a reply.
I heard that the majority from the greek nasional team will use rocketfin in world champioship in kasan and they go for gold medals.

as stiff the blade is, as powerful the monofins are....so the speed is increased...
but you must have strong legs....
with my medium stiff mono, i did 33m in 12 seconds [DYN] and i-m not so hydrodynamic....but i have strong legs and didn't felt any payn induced by lactic after this test...but of course i was tired after :p

sorry...forgot to tell
medium stiffnes monofin from specialfins....[as it can be seen in my avatar]

medium stiffnes as i told above....
but, because i have strong legs i must tell you that this was not my expectations about medium stiffnes [to soft for me :(].....next time i will try the hard blade in stead of medium....

vali is right about the strong legs.you dont go for sprint without strong legs.about the stifness now.i would suggest the hard blade.you are new and the extra hard will kill your angles specially in 100 meters.

Reactions: vali
By the way, the fastest man on the earth (50 surface, 50 apnea, 100surface) with his monofin, flyer type:
x_c03c67d9.jpg

I mail toleaderfin and maxcim answer me immediatly.
So im very happy because i just order it.i ll have it in a month so then i ll post my revews amout the monofin it cost me 425+20mail euros.
Thanks jump

I do 50 and 100m Finswimming races as well. I have a Rocketfin and also a Waterway Flyer (both hard blade). Special for 50m but also for 100m I like the Flyer more, because it is easier to jump from the starting block. I just feel better with the Flyer.
To discuss Finswimming questions maybe have also a look to fin-city.com
Best regards
Martin

i do 50 and 100m finswimming races as well. I have a rocketfin and also a waterway flyer (both hard blade). Special for 50m but also for 100m i like the flyer more, because it is easier to jump from the starting block. I just feel better with the flyer.
To discuss finswimming questions maybe have also a look to fin-city.com
best regards
martin
i was at greek age championship last weekend and there were all the greek champions from world championship in majorka(14 medals only in monofins)
i will not what brandt of monofins they use.
I swam and took 5th place after 3 guys from majorka in 50 apnoe amd i want to thanks alex for his monofin he send me .
The reason of this post is that i was in a conversation with almost all the serius coaches of greece and they were agree that the best fin ever maked was from salmin.i dont know if i spell it well ,its what i heard.they told that a fin from him cost 1000 or more and he makes 30-40 per year not thousands like the other manufactors and he choose to whom he ll shell.
Foe example before 3-4 years ago he made one for a greek champion and he broke a lot of world records and then he never made a fin for greek finswimmers.
Has anyone informations about salmin.as i said before mayby the spell of his name is not exactly as i hear it?

not only fins must to help you with results - much more hard trainings - it`s a right formula of speed swimming !
One mons ago finished Russian Championship and first on 100m surface was Kabanov (grankin fins used), second Dima Kokorev 35`01" in our Starfin for 400 surface was made ;-)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT