• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best Place to Order Guns??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sask

Jun 11, 2002
I am new here and forgive me if i break any rules.

:duh After weeks of searching and reading, i have decided on a Rob Allen 130cm double band with 7mm shaft. But the problem is that i have only found 1 place in the US that carries the RA line
www.floridafreedivers.net
they don't have prices posted, but will send you a list upon request. The above mentioned gun is listed at $202.91

there has to be more then one store in the US carrying the RA line and I am sure they would have them much cheaper..but i could be wrong. (PLEASE HELP HERE GUYS)

Would it be possible for everyone to contribute to one page a Directory of all speargun manufacturers and a listing (links) of all stores that carry spearguns and equipment.

For example, i live in California, so a listing of all spearshops in california.

Is this possible to do or am i pissing in the wind on this one?

Hi Sask,

If you see RA website, FloridaFreedivers is the only US dealer for RA. I am afraid there is no other source, besides at US$202.91 is a steal. Why, because shipping is not cheap. South Africa where RA is made is not a stone throw away from USA. Spearguns will go by air for sure cause by sea will be too long and it will not qualify minimum volume. By air you are looking at a very expensive shipping because speargun is so light, you get volume weight charged. Mike ( I think Mike is his name ) of FFDivers probably importing RA for the love of it, speargun sales volume can't feed his rice bowl. I don't know him & he doesn't know me, this is not marketting talk.

If I Fed-Ex something this long from USA to my place, I am looking at a minimum of US$ 85 to US$100. Minimum of 1/4 of the price u are paying for that RA is for the SA to USA shipping and that is based on registered member with Fed-Ex. Regular once in a while buyer like you and me does not qualify for Fed-Ex member discount. I shipped plenty of parts from the US for my work and clients and shipping is a bitch. On certain parts I pay more for shipping than the actual parts ordered.

Besides Mike is very helpful with RA owners, I seen his posts many times. If I were you, wait no more and get that RA right away but no more than 2 x 16mm rubbers please. For this strong rubbers, you must use the 7mm shaft...........for sure.........

Have fun hunting.
IYA

BTW my shorter 124cm Riffe cost +- US$100 to ship 2 me from good ol USA, a year ago.

a bargain

> If I were you, wait no more and get that RA right away

...or go to the Riffe factory, get the perfect gun for So. Cal. and chalk up the difference to entertainment. I do know Jay and he has made great stuff for over thirty years.

IMHO
Bill

I will order the RA gun shortly. I am very excited about getting it. my only issue...and the reason for the post... it took me forever to find out where i could order an RA gun in the US. There has to be an easier way for spearos to find stores in their own countries and all over the world that carry different guns, equipment etc.

I was hoping that everyone on this board could put their heads together and put a list of all the shops in their own areas and all of the ones they know about and make a master list. :duh

This way when a newbie, like myself, stumbles across this board, he/she can look at one page and go to any shop in the world and get what they are looking for.

:hmm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT