• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

best price Riffe source

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JCooke

Feb 24, 2008
Hello everyone, I have been looking for the best soucre via web (live in Alaska) for a blue water Riffe gun. Im in Kuaui (Vaca)and have researched the guns here and like the gun good quality well build. Hatch has a gun of similiar quality but havent seen the size Im need. For the price and needs I have for this blue water gun I was looking at the mid handled Riffe W blue water. Reasons....4bands,breakaway tip,and with the handle mid mounted "tracking". Visibilty in the area is high, no caves or structures, gravel and rock bottom.... the halibut 25 to 400lbs. I would like to be prepared.
Prices on the web is a crazy game everyday you can find a better price. Here in Hawaii hold on the your wallet average 30% mark up from online sources.

Any good ideas in the western USA, and good service or a option.

Second note Ill even give up a little price for good service, service is hard to find these days.

Thanks everyone
Jason

Most of the Riffe dealers I know of are in FLA (Florida Freedivers, Austin's, Scubasworld). Then there are those in Hawaii (hanapa, bluewater hunters). I honestly can't think of a California online shop that carries Riffe guns. Geez, there must be one....

You might consider an air gun to deal with those big halibut?
Something like a Asso 115 will deliver a huge punch?

you could try riffe direct,i got my riffe competitor #2 from blueh20,they were excellent and good service to

I bought my Baja from Maui sporting goods in honolulu,
They have good service and price and lots of riffes.

Have you thought about a wing kit for your riffe?
If you are shooting a 3/8 shaft and 4 bands you may need one,just a guess.

Reactions: spaghetti
As for the blue water gun I was hoping to find a heavy enough gun that doesnt require attaching planks that may act like a oar tracking up and down, currents are a consideration, I may end up building my own big water cannon, I have some design ideas that will give strength and allow verticle and horizonal tracking more managable, I can handle the recoil issue. The prices are a little high for what I can do myself.
But Im still researching.

Jason

I actually live in Texas, but bought my speargun over craigslist, looking in cities in flordia. I ended up getting a great deal (It was used once, and it was marked off 50% the retail price). And with paypal, its virtually 100% safe. It's just something to think about.

I always like to buy from a good local dealer even if it is a little more expensive. This way if there is a problem you can bring it back. Unfortunately there are very few places where you can have a fully stocked shop and thus online is a feasible option. But if you order online, everyonce in a while you will get the wrong item or it will not be exactly what you wished for. Nothing like handling the gun in real life. If you order from an online store, make sure you check the reviews for that shop first and that it has a good reputation.

Reactions: strangelove
I always like to buy from a good local dealer even if it is a little more expensive. This way if there is a problem you can bring it back. Unfortunately there are very few places where you can have a fully stocked shop and thus online is a feasible option. But if you order online, everyonce in a while you will get the wrong item or it will not be exactly what you wished for. Nothing like handling the gun in real life. If you order from an online store, make sure you check the reviews for that shop first and that it has a good reputation.

Good point, but for us in AK there is no one.

Hi Jason,

The FreeDiveShop in West Sacramento carries Riffe guns. They recently quoted a Riffe Euro 110 to me for $434, which is a slightly below price list. Like Strangelove said, the best deals on new Riffe's can be found at the online stores on eBay.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Claudio

Hello everyone, I have been looking for the best soucre via web (live in Alaska) for a blue water Riffe gun. Im in Kuaui (Vaca)and have researched the guns here and like the gun good quality well build. Hatch has a gun of similiar quality but havent seen the size Im need. For the price and needs I have for this blue water gun I was looking at the mid handled Riffe W blue water. Reasons....4bands,breakaway tip,and with the handle mid mounted "tracking". Visibilty in the area is high, no caves or structures, gravel and rock bottom.... the halibut 25 to 400lbs. I would like to be prepared.
Prices on the web is a crazy game everyday you can find a better price. Here in Hawaii hold on the your wallet average 30% mark up from online sources.

Any good ideas in the western USA, and good service or a option.
hopefully you bought your riffe and have been hunting but if not i hoped i have saved the day! well if not heres one youll like Riffe Spear Gear.com -The Riffe Speargun, Riffe Wetsuit and Riffe freediving equipment headquarters-We sell and stock Riffe Masks, Riffe Spearguns, Riffe Euro Guns, Riffe Snorkels, Riffe Fins, and all Riffe Accessories! i use these guys always and they have never let me down!:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT