• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best Stiffness For Fiberglass Captain Nemo Power Fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I'd recommend a medium blade. There's no right answer but I've had all sorts of blades and medium fiberglass always seems to be the best for me. Others who have tried my fins always agree.
Too hard and you'll be uncomfortable, especially if you surface swim a lot. Too soft and you'll be paddling wet spaghetti.
I have a medium waterway blade on a Monofin and medium twin blades of other manufacturers. I'm 175lbs.
Also, more angle on the blade would probably be more comfortable too.
YMMV.
Cheers,
Erik.

Definitely go with the 22 degree angle blades. much better all the way around.
I agree with medium stiffness. My best fins are SpecialFins medium BlueWater Specials in Dessault pockets. Next are Imersion carbon fins. Both fit my definition of medium.
Hard blades make divers think they are going fast because they are hard to push. Put them in a pool with someone to time them and they discover that the stiff blades aren't nearly as fast.

Did you ever get them? Can you give me an update? Im in the exact same situation right now... Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

I am thinking about purchasing a pair of fiberglass Captain Nemo power fins. I am not sure if I should go with stiffness 2 or 3. I am 200 lb and don't go much past 50'-60'. Also do a lot of surface swimming. My previous fins were Cressi Gara 3000s. I am purchasing the Nemos from http://www.freedivershop.com/waterway-captain-nemo-power-fins-fiberglass. There is an option to get 22 degree angled blades. Thanks for the help!
How is the Captain Nemo Foot Pocket on these?

Old post but thought I'd reply anyway.
I am also around 200 pounds and went with stiffness #2 captain Nemo's - had them ten years or so and happy with them. Tried a bunch of foot pockets and settled with the Omer Millenium. Find the angled blades good for surface swimming and shallow spearfishing.

Old post but thought I'd reply anyway.
I am also around 200 pounds and went with stiffness #2 captain Nemo's - had them ten years or so and happy with them. Tried a bunch of foot pockets and settled with the Omer Millenium. Find the angled blades good for surface swimming and shallow spearfishing.
Were you able to fit the blades in the Omer foot pocket without using glue?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT