• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beuchat gun mod

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Finsnapper

Apr 21, 2020
Hello everyone.

I am looking to give one of my guns a little more speed and distance. I have a few beuchat mundial competition guns. It's a 90cm.
I've contacted mvd and they asked for the inside diameter of the 28mm aluminium barrel and the offset. I looked at the gun, not sure if had one but if any one knows N better

Hello everyone.

I am looking to give one of my guns a little more speed and distance. I have a few beuchat mundial competition guns. It's a 90cm.
I've contacted mvd and they asked for the inside diameter of the 28mm aluminium barrel and the offset. I looked at the gun, not sure if had one but if any one knows N better
Pushed wrong button.....
I'm looking to put a 14mm inverted roller kit on it. Wondering if this gun is suitable. Fish no more than 10kilos but a bit more range would be nice.

Do Beuchat offer a roller kit? If so, they might be able to offer guidance(e.g. confirm that trigger mech and spear are up to it). An inverted roller might overgun it.

If the kit is for standard 28mm barrels and if your speargun has such a barrel I would think there is a good chance that it might fit but check the specs .

Spearfishingstore.co.uk periodically have the keenly priced Apnea roller kit (about £40) on 20 or 30% discount. They offer 2 versions, the oval one which is specifically for the Amarok model (my speargun) and the other is for most of their other models except the small, cheap model, which likely have unrailed 25mm tube barrels. The latter might be fairly generic (check!) For 28mm tube barrels, although it occurs to me that several models that use it, such-like as the Whaler, have railed barrels and the barrels look different to, say, RA railed barrels, which may or may not be important. These are regular rollers though, not inverted.

Alternatively, why not buy an Apnea Whaler or Amorak roller gun when they are next on sale (e.g. 75, 85, 90, 95 or 100cm model)? Probably around £100-£120 when on sale - great value I think (I bought the Amarok roller gun). Or just fit twin 14mm bands to your existing speargun - fashionable, cheaper and simpler?

Btw just received email from a different UK supplier, spearfishing.co.uk in Truro, Cornwall. They are opening a bricks and mortar store and are offering "Salvimar Carbon Roller As cheap as £149.99!!"

Thanks for the reply. The guys at mzd seem to have something and they aren't that expensive. Im not after a huge amount of extra power. The slight gain in energy would benifit me. Was just looking for any info ref the Beuchat gun. The trigger mech is used on several guns, so I think that would be ok. I've got an extra loop asking on order for the other one see if that helps.

Just like the engineering and physics of the inverted roller. Seems to make sense to me.

A roller will be significantly more powerful, although switching down to 14mm will help offset that somewhat. Might benefit from a heavier spear too.

Inverted rollers are intriguing. They offer several advantages and potential for even more power. But have you seen the mvd rigging video??o_O All those additional moving and non- moving parts. Also, loading looks to a royal pain. You'll either spend a lot of your precious time in the water loading and/or you'll restrain yourself from taking marginal shots and shots at lesser fish, which may be a good thing.

Re.offset, sounds like Beuchat's own roller, designed for that speargun would be more likely to fit and work. If mvd have to ask you for details of your well known speargun, it suggests that they haven't tried it.

Had I kept my 90cm RA Sparid railgun, I might now be looking to try an RA roller kit on it. But perhaps not, the trigger mech has been revised and updated several times. With so many variables, buying a separate roller speargun seems to make a lot more sense to me, especially if you like your existing speargun(s).

Last edited:
I finished the 75cm Beuchat inverted roller. Looks pretty nifty. Lots of power. Can't wait to test it

Attachments

• 20200518_185938.jpg
    20200518_185938.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 246
  • 20200518_183641.jpg
    20200518_183641.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 251
  • 20200518_190053.jpg
    20200518_190053.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 237
  • 20200518_183624.jpg
    20200518_183624.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 243
  • 20200518_183652.jpg
    20200518_183652.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 255
:love::D Very cool. Love the orange bands - where can I get some of that? Screw the camo! :D

Double wrap? Did you determine the offset? You were originally talking of upgrading your 90cm speargun, what made you switch to the 75cm speargun - more versatile/useful for your conditions? Or more attached to the 90?

Any problems fitting it? Did you have to drill a new hole for the RA - style rubber anchors? How much did it cost to do the upgrade (muzzle kit, rubbers, etc.)?

Bass Cannon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Finsnapper
Mzd have a supplier in Ireland. Cast and sub. The kit was about 60 quid. You will still need line and rubber. I got them from scuba store. Knots and techniques available from YouTube.
C4 14mm.
I thought I had 90cm guns but they were 75 cm.
The rocky nature of the Pembrokeshire coastline means quick shots and the odd long shot. Inverted rollers are perfect for here.

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT