• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beuchat marlin carbone revo concept

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It seems like I can't find any reviews of it.
Anybody tested it?

Here is the link:
http://www.beuchat-diving.com/en/produits/marlin-carbone-revo-concept

Regards
Hi
The Revo concept has exceptional power and range you loose some sideways movement speed though.
Compared to the revolution it is less powerful but has addressed the characteristic of the revolution, which is the spear kick as the wishbone taps the end of the spear as it leaves the muzzle. Summary; A great gun for long range shots where you need power to penetrate the target. Highly recommended .
Mike.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for replay!
I've read also your post regarding the Beuchat Marlin Revolutuion and I've seen that you used also 1,4m gun.
So this is the question: if to take just one gun for blue water hunting, will you choose 105cm Revolution instead of 1,4m?

Hi Mike,
Thanks for replay!
I've read also your post regarding the Beuchat Marlin Revolutuion and I've seen that you used also 1,4m gun.
So this is the question: if to take just one gun for blue water hunting, will you choose 105cm Revolution instead of 1,4m?

After my experience last year where I was not sure and took both with me.
I found my confidence with the revolution grew and I realised that the range and power matched the longer gun and one unexpected bonus was the neutral affect of wood support ,you could move the gun with the lightest of grips ,allowing your arm to fish for longer without the arm ache after moving the more traditional 1.4 gun around all day.
Lighter in the water but heavier in the air. Subject to having the slip tip spears for the more powerful fish and a great float system YES.
Loading process takes a little longer than a traditional gun but that is more than covered by your recovery time on the surface.
I have recently sold my standard blue water gun and now will only fish with my rollers.
Mike

Reactions: Mr. X
Between this and the wood revolution I'm semi tempted to move away from the pneumatic gun....Mike, I've got questions :)
What are you doing when you see Bass in rocky holes, or with rocks behind them, have you taken any of those shots with it?
And how did you find it when you came over to NZ for the larger pelagics we get here (Any bent shafts from Kingfish)?
Have you had any trouble with either of them? and how has it been getting spare shafts e.t.c

Between this and the wood revolution I'm semi tempted to move away from the pneumatic gun....Mike, I've got questions :)
What are you doing when you see Bass in rocky holes, or with rocks behind them, have you taken any of those shots with it?
And how did you find it when you came over to NZ for the larger pelagics we get here (Any bent shafts from Kingfish)?
Have you had any trouble with either of them? and how has it been getting spare shafts e.t.c

Crispin
Revolution has three bands, if fishing for Bass in holes just release one of the two extra bands this reduces the power down to a normal arbalete. The Revo concept has a single extra band so just release it. I have not had a problem with smashing points at all and the ability to take fish at long range is a real advantage. The revo concept is better for more general fishing without having to worry about the power.
Once you have used these guns a few times it is hard to switch back to normal guns. Spears are readily available on the internet sites and are well made and last. I have removed the sliding ring and strung the mono directly onto the rear tab ,its quieter than the ring setup and gives an extra length of mono which allows you to go to two strings from the standard three.
For bluewater I used slip tips with the Revolution but took amberjack and King fish with the standard spears 7mm which are fine.
For me the only downside to these guns is the price and that they do not supply a reel in the price. Reliability is excellent but my wife refused to allow me to hang it on the sitting room wall in the winter despite my telling her its a piece of art!!
Mike.

That's good to know you can just slip the second band off for close range shooting.
I had a look at a revo concept yesterday and it certainly looks well made, the machining and finish was spot on.

I've been looking for a shorter gun with great range for a long time, the pneumatics are great, but if I can achieve the same objective with a band gun then thats pretty appealing. Interesting you removed the slider, another chap said he had issues with his slamming into the fin on the rear of the shaft and sticking, and he had to file the shaft fin down to remove the curved edge.

I'd like the revolution, but I think the price is a bit of a kicker, I'll give the pneumatic this (NZ) summer to prove it's worth and if it doesn't then i'll give this a go I think.

I'm on a bluewater bungee setup out here with no reel so that's fine by me, back home in the UK I probably would have...Cheers for the reply Mike, have a great Christmas.

Crispin
Revolution has three bands, if fishing for Bass in holes just release one of the two extra bands this reduces the power down to a normal arbalete. The Revo concept has a single extra band so just release it. I have not had a problem with smashing points at all and the ability to take fish at long range is a real advantage. The revo concept is better for more general fishing without having to worry about the power.
Once you have used these guns a few times it is hard to switch back to normal guns. Spears are readily available on the internet sites and are well made and last. I have removed the sliding ring and strung the mono directly onto the rear tab ,its quieter than the ring setup and gives an extra length of mono which allows you to go to two strings from the standard three.
For bluewater I used slip tips with the Revolution but took amberjack and King fish with the standard spears 7mm which are fine.
For me the only downside to these guns is the price and that they do not supply a reel in the price. Reliability is excellent but my wife refused to allow me to hang it on the sitting room wall in the winter despite my telling her its a piece of art!!
Mike.
Mike, I'm about to get one of these, but before I do I'm keen to understand how you've removed the slider ring, i would want to do the same, also where you've attached the mono to, im assuming the hole in the rear fin, and how the mono looks when the gun is loaded, appreciate if you don't want to load it though obviously. And with this setup does it ever tangle when being fired? Thanks. Can you post some pics?

Mike, I'm about to get one of these, but before I do I'm keen to understand how you've removed the slider ring, i would want to do the same, also where you've attached the mono to, im assuming the hole in the rear fin, and how the mono looks when the gun is loaded, appreciate if you don't want to load it though obviously. And with this setup does it ever tangle when being fired? Thanks. Can you post some pics?

Crispin
The slider can be removed in two ways ,remove the barb and remove slider, then replace, not forgetting to replace the pin with a new one. Best way for me was a hacksaw. Rig the mono onto the hole in the sharkfin after filing the edges and sanding with wet and dry.The line needs to be rigged to ensure that the first string is hooked around the plastic hooks at the front of the gun laying tight to the spear ,this avoids any tangling with all those rubbers top and bottom. I recently have returned from a month trip in Australia and had no problems with either of my guns ,(85Revo and 110 Revolution). I now use an 85 Revolution and the revo concept when fishing in the UK .Once you make the change you will not go back .
I will take some pictures of my guns and post soon.
I am looking forward to my first dive in the NE shortly and seeing if our hard fighting pollack and coalfish, and cod are about.
Best regards
Mike

Crispin
The slider can be removed in two ways ,remove the barb and remove slider, then replace, not forgetting to replace the pin with a new one. Best way for me was a hacksaw. Rig the mono onto the hole in the sharkfin after filing the edges and sanding with wet and dry.The line needs to be rigged to ensure that the first string is hooked around the plastic hooks at the front of the gun laying tight to the spear ,this avoids any tangling with all those rubbers top and bottom. I recently have returned from a month trip in Australia and had no problems with either of my guns ,(85Revo and 110 Revolution). I now use an 85 Revolution and the revo concept when fishing in the UK .Once you make the change you will not go back .
I am looking forward to my first dive in the NE shortly and seeing if our hard fighting pollack and coalfish, and cod are about.
Best regards
Mike
Cheers Mike.

Crispin
Best regards
Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for you reply, Im thinking about buying the Revo Concept speargun. But I heared that the slider quick gets rusty. Im not that handyman is it straight forward to remove?
Do you know of a place to buy a stainless steel slider that fits?
Do you by any chance have some photoes you can upload?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Karsten M. Pedersen
Danish spearfisher :)

Hi Mike

Thanks for you reply, Im thinking about buying the Revo Concept speargun. But I heared that the slider quick gets rusty. Im not that handyman is it straight forward to remove?
Do you know of a place to buy a stainless steel slider that fits?
Do you by any chance have some photoes you can upload?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Karsten M. Pedersen
Danish spearfisher :)
I think if you are not a handyman you cannot do it because you neen to remove the shark fin and replace it, which means you have to weld correctly.

Reactions: Karsten M. Pedersen
I think if you are not a handyman you cannot do it because you neen to remove the shark fin and replace it, which means you have to weld correctly.

Thanks, welding is out of my league. But I still think its a very interesting gun.
1. Do you know if its true, that its easy gets rusty? - the review video on youtube, he says that the slider does..?
2. And do you from own experiance if its nose heavy?

Link to youtube review:

I have the Marlin Revolution (wood + carbon) and not the Marlin Revo Concept; although they share many design concepts.

My slide ring has not rusted, I rinse well and dry my speargun completely before putting it away though. I put a reel on mine so I don't have the slide ring getting stuck issue. As for the front heavy issue I have it a little, but since my gun has wood also that may make it less so, I cannot compare them unfortunately. They may have changed some parts such as the slide ring, I think mine is SS and not galvanized (I don't have the gun in front of me now) which may be why it does not rust for me.

I am not sure this helps you much though.

Reactions: Karsten M. Pedersen
Crispin
Best regards
Mike
Hi Mike, very interesting your mod. Thanks for the tips. I also use the Revo and I am very keen on getting rid of the sliding ring. Do you still use the QRS spear locking system (metal tweezers) to hold the spear in place or do you now simply use the mono for that? Would you have a picture of how you hook the mono around the plastic hooks?
Best regards,
Fran

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT