• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beuchat Speargun Espadon Sport 750

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dannyk

West Central Wisconsin
Jul 25, 2009
I have a $100 coupon to use on eBay and was thinking about using it on this speargun on eBay. Would it be good for use in Wisconsin lakes?

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/Beuchat-Speargun-Espadon-Sport-750-Spear-Gun-New_W0QQitemZ120551636406QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c116ffdb6"]Beuchat Speargun Espadon Sport 750[/ame]

I have only used a polespear so far, so this is totally new for me.

Dan

Last edited:
Seems like a good basic gun, 25mm barrel is very slim for easy maneuverability but 13mm bands might limit range?
Cant go wrong using a Beuchat as a first gun.

Reactions: Dannyk
Visibility is very limited here, if it gives me one or two more meters in range than the polespear I will be happy. Then maybe I will be able to pick off the bigger Crappies that hang out just out of range :)

Dan

Would the [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-Super-Carbine-Speargun-D-8_W0QQitemZ330382468880QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cec546710"]JBL Super Carbine (D8)[/ame] be better?

Dan

OK after reading the JBL threads............ it is out. My target is panfish not the carp, so the JBL is not for me.

I am wondering about the length of the Beuchat though, maybe too long for most situations. Just holding the gun in front of me would put the tip of the spear a long ways from me. Well beyond the polespear, plus with a fair range beyond that. In some waters it would already be starting to get murky looking 6 feet in front of me. In my favorite lake it would be fun though.

Dan

A 75 with a 25 barrel & 13mm bands sounds like the perfect step up from a pole spear, anything smaller & lower powered might be a step down!

75cm is pretty ideal for wisconsin waters. After you get use to your gun, you won't even be Aiming it. you will be can/will be shooting it from your hip in the lower vis days. Once you get use to a way a gun shoots, it's an extension of you, you don't need to aim.

Reactions: foxfish
I went ahead and purchased the Beuchat. I ordered a warmer open cell suit today as well. Now I should be all ready when the water clears up after the spring rains.

Dan

That Beuchat is well suited for panfish removal, and will serve you well. One wrap of line is ideal, as two wraps won't grant you any more range and will simply make a mess in the weeds.

A 75cm is a good all around gun for waters with decent visibility. If I could only own one size (Euro) it would be a 75cm. Truth is that a 55-60cm is the ideal gun for the majority of panfish hunting. But, if you ever get in very clear water and find some big bluegills and perch, you'll be happy to have the extra range.

Just a little report on my first time out with the Beuchat.

This is my first time using a spreargun, last year I used a polespear with a paralyzer tip.

First shot first Crappie :)

Spear went all the way through on every fish I shot. Head and gill shots every one, except later in the day, I tried some longer shots that were total misses. I even hit the eye dead on twice out of 13 fish for the day.

The thing I like the best was that it only left a small hole. I had no wasted flesh for the fry pan. The polespear does a lot of damage to the fish. Panfish are small enough already so not destroying the flesh is a big plus for me.

It does take longer to reload, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

I only lost one fish that ripped through the gills before I could get it untangled from the weeds. It is quit easy to lose fish with the polespear, at least for me :(

My chest was a little sore from loading. I made a little extra padding to add for next time. I may try hip loading as well.

All in all I think it was a very positive change :)

One happy Spearo ;)

Reactions: foxfish
That's actually a very good report for a first day with a new gun. I couldn't hit anything with my midhandle the first time out. I was consistently shooting low.

I recommend that the next time you go out you shoot at a few stationary targets (weeds, dead fish, etc) in the sand. Get to the bottom of the lake and make the shot as horizontal as possible. We rarely ever miss to the right and left - it's the kick from the gun that we need to get used to, and in many cases, make an elevation compensation.

By this time in August, that gun will feel like an extension of your own arm.

Reactions: Dannyk
I found the hardest shots were shooting down at the perch that were in deeper water. The horizontal shots were dead on.

I was also using a new suit and found I needed a little more weight, so I could get deeper without so much effort.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT