• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

beuchat v cressi

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PROWLER

Oct 18, 2009
Im after a 75cm gun , is there much difference between the beuchat mundial comp and the cressi comanche ? can they both be upgraded ie bigger bands different spears , the beuchat is a fair bit cheeper, apart from that is this the only difference ?
cheers, prowler

The comanche is just one model in different lengths. Standard bands are 18mm diameter and spear is 6.5mm diameter x 115cm long (for 75cm gun), barrel/stock is 28mm ali tube. You can't upgrade in any way but it works great straight out of the box. You can change the shooting line to mono and use a loop band instead of screw ins, even fit a different spear, possibly dyneema wishbones but these are changes rather than upgrades. Mostly you'll cock up a very good gun if you mess with it.

Beuchat seem to make a whole load of models. some are cheap (and nasty) while some are state of the art and expensive. Personally I like the Beuchats and have a 75cm model mainly for night diving. With the Beuchat make sure you have the 28mm tube (do not touch the 25mm diameter tube model). Nearly all the Beuchats use 16mm diameter bands as standard along with the 6.5mm x 115cm spear. Despite the smaller bands (than the comanche) performance is similar. Like the comanche you can carry out changes but not really "upgrade" in any useful way.

Personally I'd get a decent Beuchat and use it. Try to improve technique and catch fish. Next year if you're still keen buy a better gun and keep the beuchat as a spare and/or night gun. Better guns would maybe be longer 90's or carbon barrels or any number of expensive do da's.

Good luck.

Dave.

I have a cressi comanche 75 and it is great for a beginner like me, however I've never shot any other model ;)

However when I was deciding I saw that the comanche was used in the world championships by the winner in 2004 I think...sooo if its good enough for them...

Well i,v been looking at the Beuchat Mundial comp 750/75cm according to the spec it has a 28mm ally tube, a 6.5 tahitian shaft, dual 18.3 megatonne bands with articulated wishbone. As this is almost identical spec as the comanche and its alot cheeper i think the price has helped make up my mind.
Thanks for your replys, very usefull to me and others starting out
Many thanks
Prowler

Hi guys , after receiving my new gun it had 16mm bands not 18.3 as stated. After a couple of calls beuchat said they had made a printing error,the bands are ment to be 16mm and the Marlin has 18mm bands, dont be put off though when the bands on the Mundial are pulled back to the furthest notch there is definately no lack of power(not to bad to load either) Only thing you need to do is untie the cord from the spear and file the holes smoother with needle file, also i added a shockcord from www.spearitco.com they do make a difference and make it easier when loading
Hope this is some use to someone , stay safe
Prowler

The Beuchat seems to be a much better bet since it seems extremely high quality. I have a couple of Cressi's in 90 and 100 and 115 and to be honest I hardly use them. I much prefer my Beuchat Carbon 95 and Beuchat 105, they just seem to be much better made. I do highly recommend you remove the steel wishbones and needle file the shafts and buff them to allow spectra wishbones. This is especially true for the Carbon guns as the damage reaches the carbon.

I have the Beuchat Espadon Sport 750. It is the lighter model with the 25mm barrel. I purchased it off eBay for $115. The Beuchat website said it came with 13mm bands, but it actually came with 16mm bands. It works perfect for what I need for fresh water panfish. I added a shockcord. Changed how the line was attached to the spear, and switched the wishbone to spectra, which required filing the notch. I also added a little Styrofoam on the end to make it more balanced, now I can have a more relaxed grip and keep the tip up. It has greatly improved my hunt compared to my polespear.

wp47b44bbb.jpg

Hi Old Man Dave:
"With the Beuchat make sure you have the 28mm tube (do not touch the 25mm diameter tube model)".

Why do you say 28 over 25mm? Purely for strength?

I am starting out. I have used a 75 Beuchat Espadon Sport and I was successful with it so feel it was good compared to the Omer Excalibur 90 i have used. Advice: Do you recommend the Mundial Competition 75cm for someone starting out rather than say the Arka or the Espadon? ..Would you say you are getting allot more for your money or not much in it really.

Appreciate the advice in advance.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT