• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Big Catch!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dqsis

Mar 9, 2004
I am tired of seeing pictures of big fishes! That is why I post mine! To get back to all you "profies"...

Attachments

• fishing_trophy_800.jpg
    fishing_trophy_800.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 834
Oh man, break out the olive oil and garlic! That's as nice a string of good eating as one could wish for. Dee-licious.

Will Hunt For Food

i cant really see the fishes that good but i think i see a couple of octopus. nice job keep it up. o yea where and how deep did you cath those fish?

Thanks for your words friends!

1. The picture is taken in Evia, Greece. I have a place and a little boat there, so I go with my cousin (the gay one with the apnea... real hunters do not need uniforms...:D ) every summer.

2. We found these year a lot of octa-pussies :D which was quite strange since the 3 last years it seemed that they had... moved out.

3. We fish up 6 to 7 meters. Not more.

Hope you liked the picture. I posted mostly for fun. Stay tuned! More to come...

cool i am also from greece but the island of karpathos. i go there for vacation every other summer which is great. ive also noticed that there are alot more octopus now in greece than there was before. i cant wait till this summer cause im going to greece!!!
also i will probably be spearfishing at the same depth that you were because im only 14!!

Post some more pictures so we can all see!!

Hello all again!

Hello greekman! Nice to hear that you are from Karpathos!

I have never been there but probably I will go there for summer holidays with my girlfriend. (If we manage with the chaos of the Olympic Games). So get your speargun ready and maybe we fish some octapussies together! :D

Where do you live now? I live in Graz, Austria and sea is just a far dream! :p

I am going to post some pictures soon! I have to scan them first...

Have a nice day everyone!

Attachments

• deep.jpg
    deep.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 666
hah thats cool make sure you come to karpathos! yea greece this summer is gonna be in chaos becasue of the oylmpic games... o well

anyway i live in US with my family where i go to school :(

Post some pictures!! o yea about how deep was that picture you just posted??

Originally posted by Greekman
cool i am also from greece but the island of karpathos. i go there for vacation every other summer which is great. ive also noticed that there are alot more octopus now in greece than there was before. i cant wait till this summer cause im going to greece!!!
also i will probably be spearfishing at the same depth that you were because im only 14!!

Post some more pictures so we can all see!!

Im 14 and i spearfish 10m on average and i can go deeper. It doesnt matter your age. It matters your skills and what your comfterable with.So dont play the age game.

Originally posted by kellya
Im 14 and i spearfish 10m on average and i can go deeper. It doesnt matter your age. It matters your skills and what your comfterable with.So dont play the age game.

:head When did the 14-year-olds form a union? hehe

Great catch, dqsis. Spearing small fish is a good sign - it means you are not compensating ;). And you don't know how envious I am of a man who gets to go hunting in his underwear. The joy of spearing in a get-up like that would be indescribable. Of course, my dive buddy's opinion could differ :D .

Ted

kellya, age does play some part in spearfishing. Generally a mid aged man will have much greater skills than a young kid. This includes, downtime, strength, experience, knowledge, speed and other important things. Also i was not playing any sort of game i was just stating that i was 14 and that i was inexperienced.
Oh yea, the last time i freedived was in greece, 2 summers ago so i was 12. this summer i am going to greece so im sure i will a better freediver.

I know what yah mean

Sry haha i was tired.
Ps whats a good gun thats cheap. Im 14 and money doesnt grow on trees:waterwork Lol it takes me along time 2 get money. But i want to get a new gun next weekend. I only have like 200 canadian. Thats around 150 american
thx for some tips

well im new at spearfishing but i think ive heard that omer excalibur 2000 is pretty good for the money and also a beachaut mundial if my memory serves me right. Again i am new to spearfishing and i am not totally sure. O yea i can say that it depends on where you live because of shipping costs. Also, it depends on what type of gun you want(euro, wooden, or other), although i am pretty sure you would want a euro gun.

I am sure that you will be able to find a pretty good gun for under 150 us dollars. Maybe someone else with more experience could help you with your decision.

the omers and beuchat are both very good guns for the money. Both guns are very accurate with good power and they are very manuverable. A plus to buying the excalibur is that u can get 18mm bands if you want more power. they fit into the 16mm threads and offer easy loading with almost as much power as 20mm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT