• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Big dentex video!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey mate it turned at 8 mt from the tip of spear,the exact range of fucile dentici,unbelievable

That was awsome!! Right when you think you where gonna pull the shot they turn just out of range.

Ill be seeing that one in my sleep....

GTB

gonetobaja said:
That was awsome!! Right when you think you where gonna pull the shot they turn just out of range.

GTB
This fish shares all of the medspearos dreams mate,its hunt like a psychological struggle.
The scene on the video is one of the classic dejavu's of dentex hunt,thnx Shane

Thats a really nice footage shich shows how med spearos black out for some dentex! They do it all the time dont they....

Incredible! making fun with spearo rofl

sorry! if you are on vid shaca !

Having that camera on your gun is great, that is a very nice video. Makes you wish that damselfish grew to three kgs too!

Adrian

This is not Shane in the video. As far as i know it is Marco Dada taking the footage. And apperantly those dentex are around 8-10kg range.

I used to hunt a very simmilar species, "sobaity" in the Arabian Gulf.

Took me 3 mornings of hunting to get one fish! he had a large scar across his back near the tail. Finnaly nailed him in about 2ft of water when he came in to my raking. they are quite spooky and great fun to hunt

Great Vid!

These are behaving just like the Lake Trout we have here. I take all my pictures while freediving and at first it was impossible to get anywhere near these fish. They would come in and turn just before I could get a decent photograph. After awhile I discovered how to get down when they were in the area without alarming them - and how to wait and track them without appearing to move. Even so they seem to have days when they are particularly skittish. They are also wandering, schooling predators. Eventually I got some close shots of them - particularly one individual missing a pectoral and ventral fin - on opposite sides interestingly. The smallest one's seemed to be the most cautious. I had the advantage of a rock breakwall to reduce my sillouette.

That video was filmed by Marco Dada.

He uses very highly pumped airguns and if he did not shoot it means the fish was more than 7m away

HE mentioned to me that it must have been between 9-11kilos

Nice video, it shows what happens down there with those fishes that can ''read'' the range of the speargun....such a familiar story!!

Cheers,

Roberto

gonetobaja said:

GTB

hey Dale! what happened to your squid article mate?

Ive been too busy reading the beach bar posts .....I believe you had something to do with that :hmm

To be honest I had an accident while skateboarding on a ramp and broke my collarbone in 5 places. Im 3 weeks healed now so I am starting to be able to move around a little better. You know how it goes, I should have leaned forward and I leaned back kinda thing.

The worst part is I cant get a wetsuit on without crying :vangry :waterwork

and I havent been in the water for 3 weeks :duh :duh :duh

And now I have to watch Dentex ditch me in my sleep thanks to shanes video! What is a Dentex anyway, is it some kind of snapper? It almost looks like a Baja snapper.

I promise to get to work on it sands!

GTB

Reactions: island_sands

oh man that's awful! i i thought my broken big toe was bad enough sorry to hear about that mate!

anyway when you are feeling better look forward to receiving it

take care!!!

Damn BH, that sux I broke mine a few years ago, or actually someone else broke it for me :hmm ...Luv the Vids my friend keep it up!

I allways cry when I put on my wetsuit - it just makes me so happy :waterwork

Sorry to hear about your collarbone.

Also wanted to suggest an alternate soundtrack for your squid video - how about 'Where is my Mind?' by The Pixies?

Be well GTB

(I once broke my big toe in a martial arts class - then, just when it was getting better, had a dream about practicing crescent kicks and broke it again against the wall near my bed!)

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…