• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Biller Gun Question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jersey

Apr 26, 2005
Hello everyone , Looking for info on 42" Biller wood gun .
Want to know if its the right size for Stripped Bass around the jetties in New Jersey Thanks for any info

I don't know anything about biller guns, but I am from NJ and looking to get into hunting stripers. I live near the barnegat inlet. Do you get many stripers there? Where exactly do you go?

dend76. STRIPERS are in the suds along any beach been using a pole spear snuck up on a couple here and there just luckn more than anything . want to put the odds in my favor more .so i'm looking for a gun

I would assume the Biller would do just fine. Most people that I have talked to from NJ seem to opt for a small euro (75-90 cm). Being how the water has cleared up in recent years, I just bought a 90 cm gun. It is a Beuchat Mundial, with 18mm bands and a 6.5mm shaft. It's a good gun, but given the choice, I would peobably have gone with a RA or Omer millenium. I only chose the Beuchat b/c I am living down in Grenada (south caribbean) right now, and it was the only gun I could get my hands on (you have to take what you can get here). Anyway, I am looking to trying it out when I get back to jersey this summer.

dend76 Thanks for reply. I just got the Biller 42' 2 band good deal . so it'll have to make do . stripers are showing up day by day now so I hope to get out . good luck down on the Island. Thank's again

change the shaft and the bands, retie the line on your biller and you'll have a decent huntin tool

big fish

e.t.

Spearingfish said:
change the shaft and the bands, retie the line on your biller and you'll have a decent huntin tool

big fish

e.t.
Kind of curious about that too (though still trying to decide if I should go for Riffe #1)

Would 9/32" saft work with Biller 42"? And what bands to use etc.

Thanks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…