• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Biller Gun Question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jersey

Apr 26, 2005
Hello everyone , Looking for info on 42" Biller wood gun .
Want to know if its the right size for Stripped Bass around the jetties in New Jersey Thanks for any info

I don't know anything about biller guns, but I am from NJ and looking to get into hunting stripers. I live near the barnegat inlet. Do you get many stripers there? Where exactly do you go?

dend76. STRIPERS are in the suds along any beach been using a pole spear snuck up on a couple here and there just luckn more than anything . want to put the odds in my favor more .so i'm looking for a gun

I would assume the Biller would do just fine. Most people that I have talked to from NJ seem to opt for a small euro (75-90 cm). Being how the water has cleared up in recent years, I just bought a 90 cm gun. It is a Beuchat Mundial, with 18mm bands and a 6.5mm shaft. It's a good gun, but given the choice, I would peobably have gone with a RA or Omer millenium. I only chose the Beuchat b/c I am living down in Grenada (south caribbean) right now, and it was the only gun I could get my hands on (you have to take what you can get here). Anyway, I am looking to trying it out when I get back to jersey this summer.

dend76 Thanks for reply. I just got the Biller 42' 2 band good deal . so it'll have to make do . stripers are showing up day by day now so I hope to get out . good luck down on the Island. Thank's again

change the shaft and the bands, retie the line on your biller and you'll have a decent huntin tool

big fish

e.t.

Spearingfish said:
change the shaft and the bands, retie the line on your biller and you'll have a decent huntin tool

big fish

e.t.
Kind of curious about that too :) (though still trying to decide if I should go for Riffe #1)

Would 9/32" saft work with Biller 42"? And what bands to use etc. ;)

Thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT