• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bizzy Blue Hole and more (Dahab, Egypt)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks Felix!

Great stuff!

Did you made those in apnea?

Kars

Any info on the equipment you use?
Have you any particular taste when it comes your photography, what are you looking for?

Kars

Hi Kars ,
I use a Canon 20d in an Ikelite housing, with a 10-22mm lens. I prefer the wide angle shots so I can show the diver in the environment and the seascapes.

Very nice pictures! And great choice to dive without the tanks on your back!:) Its harder but gives a hell a lot more pleasure than the scuba..
I like the wide ones with divers in the middle! These are the best for me..
I'm waitnig for more:)!!
I'm glad we have another apnea photographer! I'm a beginner but i love it!

P.S.
I wish i had such a blue water:(

um, so im just going to say wow! those are some gorgeous pictures! do you know how much the housing was?

Thanks Lynsea. You'll find prices at ikelite .com for the housing. It all depends on your camera and choice of ports

best

F

thanks. yeah thats what i was thinking. i currently have a pretty large, expensive camera for which the case costs twice as more. i might buy one of those small digital camera and case sets ive seen.

That is some amazing crystal clear water, you must have had one mile visibility !!! I am also thinking of getting a housing for my "old" Canon 20D and pushing it underwater since I will be upgrading to a 5DII. That might be a better idea than using the new G11 with an underwater housing. What is the best housing for this camera? Also have you tried any strobes with that?

Nice pictures!

Why not put the 5d MKii under water?? I've upgraded since the Dahab pictures were taken, now I do video as well. Check this out
[ame=http://vimeo.com/11163736]Freediving in Navy tank on Vimeo[/ame]

Compact cameras way work well under the best of conditions but are no substitute for proper SLRs

Nice video, was that with the 5 DII? I already got my 5DII and was actually thinking exactly that, getting an underwater housing for it. I also had the opportunity to go to the Red Sea and visibility is amazing. What housing were you using?

I took my G9 with underwater housing to the Red Sea and I really liked it so much that I also bought the G11 with underwater housing. The only negative thing is that the ISO performance with the G9 is not good after ISO 200 and for underwater pictures where fish are moving all over the place you need a faster shutter speed, and thus a higher ISO. The G11 is supposed to be 2 stops better, but the 5DII is probably 5 to 6 stops better.

Here are some from el gouna with some pix from my G9.

Attachments

• IMG_1473 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1473 (Large).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1584 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1584 (Large).jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 168
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT