• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bloody Cold!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nicky

May 10, 2002
Hello Everyone,
I have a cold that just won't go away and I'm too impatient to take a day off and rest. Does anyone have some revolutionary (but safe) remedies for me to get better? I HATE getting sick!
~Nicky :yack

Honey rhum and lemon

It's called a grog, it's very effective for sore throat and general happiness. Just heat some honey, add some brown rhum and lemon and drink.

Seriously, rent a couple of movie, take it easy and wait for the cold to pass, have everyone around serving you like a queen because "you are sick". You have to appreciate life little pleasure.:D

1-)Peppermint tea with lemon and honey in it.
2-)Jack Daniels with salt in it.Don't worry if it doesn't heal your throat, you will not feel the pain after a bottle.:D :D :friday

Reactions: Nicky
You could try various remedies like garlic or gingseng. Unfortunately the common cold is one of the most resistant of bugs.

I find curling up in bed for a day works wonders! If that isn't an option just wear warm clothes. Also change tissues often otherwise you breathe in the germs your body has expelled by sneezing or coughing the next time you wipe your nose.

btw Dont drink and dive! So ignore the alcoholics around here. Their suggestions is just the drink talking.:D ;)

Originally posted by Shadowkiller

btw Dont drink and dive! So ignore the alcoholics around here. Their suggestions is just the drink talking.:D ;)

Good idea man ! ! !........:D :D

My momy also advice same:naughty :naughty

1. Take whatever time off you can and bundle up.
2. Knock back some zinc tablets
3. Finish with some vitamin C- laden juice, Odwalla C Monster works.
4. Turn on some mindless TV and snooze.

and no, I can't make a house call. ;) but thanks for asking.:cool:

sven

There are very interesting remedies and recipees.I can advice nicely to you that there is a wide accepted rule; if you got some drogs for the therapy of influenza(getting cold) you will get better in 7 days,if you dont take the advice and drugs youll get better in a week!!!!!:t

Vodka and NeoCitran. worked in College :p

I'm a big fan of the Vit C till you turn orange.

And we're not Alcoholics! they go to meetings! we're just drunks!

:friday

Willer

1oz Dark Run
1oz Lemon juice
Honey (big ol'squirt)
1tsp butter
Add boiling water

If you're a Canadian (avec moi) sub in Rye for Rum

Well thanks for that drunks - oops I mean guys.....sorry about that slight slip of the tounge.
I beat the cold with plenty of rest and drugs - the legal kind that is ;) . The honey worked wonders on my sore throat. Yeah I would have tried the grog and all but couldn't seeing AS I'M ONLY 16. Thanks anyway.
All better now
Nicky:cool:

uhhm Nicky?
I can't help but note that youre from Coffs. I have some friends from there and find it hard to believe age could be a barrier to becoming a hardcore booze hound...:D

Summer's nearly here so don't go getting sick again!

Sshhhhh! I just don't like rum!
Are your friends spearos or divers - or niether? I may know them, what are their names (if thats ok for you to name them on the net).

They are all my age (24) but you may know the families: They are all BHP cadets like me, Nicole Grant, Derek Powell and Clinton Wilson. They finished highschool in 95..

Its a bit like when people say "So youre German eh? Do you know *random name*, they live in Germany too..."
And I reply "Oh yes of course, I only moved away 14 years ago but I remember them..."
:)

Nah don't know them....maybe I'll meet them when I'm 18 and can go out. Can't wait.:D

Originally posted by Nicky
I'm a sucker for tequila though....:friday rofl :t :D

Dark memories coming back.....

Last time i throw double JD and then 10 shoot of tequila.....You know the rest..Sub-Systems were cancelled and the main controller was switched to auto pilot...:D rofl

HA!
I beginning to think of all divers as drunks! Or people who know how to party hard at least.....:D :friday...am I right boys?
~ Nicky:cool:

You don't know how to party hard sven?
Come to Coffs - I'll show you!:friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT