• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Boat for spearfishing?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The boat club was a wise move. Pricy, but much less than buying a boat, especially in hassle and probably in price.

An update to this. I ended up getting a boat membership. Although expensive, access to the boats was very good and the boats were very capable. The main issue was that no matter where we went visibility was absolute trash and I couldn't find any fish. Could not justify the cost, would rather shore dive and spend this money on charters or trips to better hunting grounds. Shot 3 fish this season from shore and 0 from the boat. New England is very different than California where at least could bag some surf perch every dive.
Funny, I told my wife today one of Miles' observations some years ago: when diving from shore, you tend to want to get out further where you assume the fish are but when you get a boat you try to get close to shore where you assume the fish are!

A spearfishing variation of the old adage about the grass always looking greener on the other side of the fence.

I was keen to get a boat early on but ended up getting a SOT kayak. It was fun but never really dived from it. I'm happy to dive from shore.

Reactions: Andrew the fish
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT