• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bodensee divers behold! Konstanz calling.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sanso

Maker of Educators
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Hi everyone,

an introduction and a call to those diving in the Bodensee (i.e. Lake Constance, Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
I live in Konstanz, right by the lake, and want to do some more diving / training (in a relaxed manner - no record-ambitions here) during my non-vacation-time. ;-)

After doing the vacation-snorkel ever since I was eight years old, I just got my first non-crappy pair of fins. (I came back from a day of rock-climbing in Sardegna with a sparkling new pair of Cressi's Gara 3000, heheh.. :D )

Now I'm all eager to put them on more often!
Who's with me for some (free-/apnoe-)diving in the lake and/or training sessions in one of the local Hallenbäder? (What's Hallenbad in english? Public pool?)

So, hope I'll read You soon,

sanso

Hi Sanso, you may want to post this info in the "Find a Buddy and Places to Dive" forum. You might have more luck there.
By the way, welcome to Deeperblue :)

Hallo Sanso,
i live in Erlangen so i cant really join you for training, but i could come for a weekend of freediving sometime. Could you tell a bit about depth, water temp, visibility, etc?
Is freediving allowed in Bodensee or do you need a license?
Welcome to DB,
Marios

Hey wackass,
(kinda cool to be able to start a letter like that ;) )

Erlangen, okay, so now You have an excuse to come to the lake - excellent :D

I've just started to regard Lake Constance as possible diving spot. I only went diving on vacation before this Year and just used the lake as an after-work-hang-out-with-the-others spot, so I don't have much experience with real diving here, apart from getting my SCUBA brevet in late October 2004 in Meersburg, which is across the lake from my home.

The situation here:
The water is just settling and clearing from fall's turnover, visibility should be around 15m by now and getting better. Around newyear's it's supposed to be grand - there's an annual new-year's dive in Konstanz.

No license required. I never heard of anything like that around here, anyway.

At its deepest, Lake Constance is about 250m deep (deeper that the baltic sea, mind You ;-) with one of its deeper crevices right in front of my doorstep, but more scenic places about 20km away from here:

The infamous (drumroll) *Teufelstisch*! ('Devil's table'!)

You do need a permit to go SCUBA-diving there, too many SCUBers have died there, so they made it off-limits.
I don't know about freediving at the Teufelstisch. I'd assume no-one would care since freedivers are underestimated anyway ;-)

About the temperature I'm not sure. Most likely single-digit numbers (°C) here, as soon as You go below 5m. Surface should be around 11-14 by now.

You see, I can't say much for sure. The main reasons for this are that I don't (yet) have a winter suit and the little time that I have spent being (almost) serious about freediving.

Sending Greetings from the lake,

sanso

hi Sanso
Andreas Falkenroth, das "Apnoe-Urgestein" aus Lindau organisiert immer wieder Trainings, Seminare und Tauchgänge. Er hat auch schon die Jura, das Wrack in 40m Tiefe in Apnoe betaucht (erzählt man sich zumindest...)! Schau mal unter www.freedive-bodensee.de
Gruss aus Züri
Pat

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT