• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

bodyboard float

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ajwaverider

Jan 3, 2004
These are some pics of a much needed bodyboard float I built today.

Attachments

• pict0008.jpg
    pict0008.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 431
Reactions: Mr. X
looks good. I really love mine for hauling gear, and it's really easy to pull in the water. I can't bring myself to add the backpack starps b/c I wanted the lower drag. Is that a mesh bag or bungie on top?

I thought about not putting the straps on but if they cause any extra drag it's not noticable. I went out today and gave it a try and it worked great.I made two drift dives and put my gear in the bag and walked back upcurrent to get in the water.The fish were
there but the viz was 1to 2 feet.The flounder and the drums haved moved in and I could hear the fish moving around me but couldn't see them. The bag is a mesh bag by speedo .I looped nylon string thru the holes in the mesh around the sides and
bottom and used some 10/32 stainless screws and washers with lock nuts. I used those nylon wire clips to go over the string and
put the scews thru them.I should have built one a long time ago
because they work great.Can't wait to get some fish in it.The straps are rifle slings.

Albert.

[QUOTEThe straps are rifle slings.

Albert. [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought they looked familiar . . . :D

Hi guys!!

I had a fried which built a similar bodyboard float but he put a wooden cross on it so it want break from heavy load!! (good idea!)

Yes, I used an 8x6" plastic plate on top to spread the load more evenly across the board. After a shark tore apart version 1.0 I replaced the plastic loop assembaly w/ a stainless steel I-bolt and washers. Not a true blue water float but I did test it by water sking on it after a dive w/ horrible vis! Everything also held in place as a 30lb AJ tore it across the surface.

That's what I used for the attachment point for the floatline and the I bolt also holds the flag on .

What's the story with that spear/AB hunt Defo? Did you make it out?

yeah, made it out on fri. and then again today(sat.). The first spot didn't hold any fish, but pulled a limit of ab's. The biggest was 9 1/2" and weighed 7lbs 10 oz.

The second spot was a little farther north. The limit of ab's ran smaller w/ the biggest at 8.5". However the fish there were great. I saw a few lingcod, a china rockfish, and a bunch of blacks ( shoot a few). Also saw my first marine mammal underwater when a white harbor seal checked us out. It was a enjoyable dive from 15-30' in sporadic kelp.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT