• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bought a Maco2

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
When you push the spear in you push water out of the barrel via a purge valve in the handle, so that is the only effort required. The water is eliminated from the gun's interior to allow space for the gas to enter the gun. The purge valve is activated with one hand, you push the spear in with the other. That is the way the "Pelletier" works, which is the gun that the Maco2 is based on.

Arthur P,

I bought the Co2 gun for the same reason, I have shoulder issues. Loading this gun requires one to insert the spear, and open and close a valve. That's it. You should be able to do it with no problem. Write if you have any further questions,

Keith

Any more info on these guns from users? How heavy are they? How many shots can you get off? How has reliability been? Does the 10mm annihilate smaller fish? Ready to pull the trigger on one but they are spendy and little info is available on them.

So,
They are a bit heavy and do not float. I use the Beauchat marlin pacific reel, and 100 meters of 2mm line.
The best I can tell, about 12 shots from a 24 oz co2 bottle.
Blows a hole in fish, 10mm shaft.
Kills most fish that I shoot
Don't hunt small fish with this gun, use an 850 Cyrano for that.
Would probably still use band guns if I had full use of my left arm, but this gun is a Godsend for me, as I will never stop spearfishing for large fish as long as I can swim and hold my breath.
The aiming takes a little getting used to, kind of like shooting a pneumatic.
The maintenance is no issue to me, the mechanism is simple and the only changeable parts are o rings. (but I am very mechanical and have spent my life working on electrical and pneumatic systems)
The gun is very powerful.
I live in the US, so parts are only available from France. The only thing that I need are shafts. I ordered spare butt adapters with the gun. these accept 7mm thread. I ordered pneumatic shafts 130cm in length that have 7mm thread on one end and 6mm on the other. I attach the tip to the 6mm end. these are relatively inexpensive from scubastore, and I destroy several shafts over the course of a year.
I am glad that I made the purchase

Out of curiosity is this gun still being used? The Maco2 business seems to have ceased and generally that signals the end of spare parts, although I expect spears are the only problem as “O" rings are no big deal if they are stock sizes. Many quirky guns of the past ceased being used when the owner lost the one and only spear that came with the gun, particularly if few of those guns were ever sold in that country.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT