• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bow River July 25 or 26?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

messey

Mar 20, 2006
Just seeing if anyone wants to come dive the hole at the zoo with me. The water is clearing up nice and is lower than normal so it should make for a nice dive.

Let me know if your interested or want more info.

Andrew

i might be in for this if i get back from BC in time

pm me your info a we can try and set something up

The zoo? where is it dude? Im down as long as its not too long of a drive.

You would just have to drive into calgary and get on Memorial west. You will have to turn around at edmonton trail and get going east on Memorial because the parking lot is only accessable from Memorial east. There is an Esso and Starbucks you can pull into and turn around at. Here is a google map of the spot so you can see how to get there. Google Maps

If you want to read about the site it is in the book "Diving Southern Alberta" you should be able to get it at most dive shops. There is suppose to be lots of burbot in the hole too.

I had something come up on the Saturday so I will only be able to go on Sunday now.

can't make it for this weekend. will you be going out next weekend if so ill come and spear some fish with you

Im the saME. iF YOU CAN GO next week LET ME KNOW.. iLL TRY TO WRANGLE THE EDMONTON BOYS UP FOR A SPEARO DAY

Last edited:
I can't do next week, I would be able to dive August 23 though. You guys could always meet up without me, don't feel bad if you do I will be diving in Sask. for 6 days. If you decide to go next week and want more info I can scan the book at work. I was down at the site the other day, the current looks pretty mild with a few back eddies. The water was clear but that changes daily with rain, if there is no rain for a few days before the water would be really nice. If you guys go I can give you an update on clarity Friday morning, I take the train across the river everyday.

That would be great man. I cant seem to find the exact location on google maps, Ie: How to get there.

Hey right on dude. Thanks alot. When i go ill give you a holla just in case you can go.

gates ill give you a text when i know what day ill be in calgary what days are good for you ?? i was thinking maybe next friday ?? i can't do anything later then that but i can work with dates b4

I haven't been diving there yet, greatwhitepike told me about the spot like 2 years ago and I just haven't made it out yet. He went once and said he saw pike and walleye (I didn't even know there were walleye that far up the bow). He didn't say anything about burbs but there are lots in the bow.

Me and my brother went diving at this spot yesterday. The vis was about 5-6 feet, I was expecting better it looked much clearer from the surface. The current wasn't bad at all, it was fun to get to the bottom and cruise along with it. Once we got over the hole though it was like we were in a lake, you could just hang out on the surface with out being swept down stream. We did not see any burbot but we did see a few pike, lots of suckers and one rocky mountain whitefish. We couldn't stay that long because my brother doesn't have a wet suit yet so I didn't wear mine either. We lasted 40 minutes for our first dive and then 25 minutes for the second go. If we had wetsuits on we could have stay in the water all afternoon.

It was alot of fun, if anyone wants to come dive it I would love to go again.

Very nice. I'd like to hit that when I get back from vacation in late september.

Sounds good James, I am also on vacation from the 19-25. After that I would be able to go when ever.

you guys still good to go on this ?? i'm able to get any weekend off... i'm guessing its to late now

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT