• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Brand Newbie with Q's FINAL SETUP

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

78sharpshooter

Aug 26, 2004
Well, I have finished my gear ordering so here is the list

Oceanic Sonora Dry Snorkel Clear
$21.95

Sherwood Magnum 6 Window Mask Black
COLOR : Black
$32.95

Deep See 3mm Neoprene Dive Sock, Tall 10-11
$14.95

Cressi Comanche Speargun 100cm
$117.00

Used Cressi Gara 2000 fins
$25.00

Cressi Florida Knife
$37.00

Gloves $20.00

El Cheapo Bodyglove 3/2 Wetsuit
$70.00
--------------------------------
~$325.00 total

Slightly more than I expected but worth it. I can already taste the fish!!!!

It didnt take long for me to realize when I was buying my gear that the most important thing is just getting out and doing it verse what I had to do it. Youll decide what works the best soon enough. And if something isnt quite working give it some time and ask others; I say this because I changed things around a bit too much when i really didnt know what I was doing.

I not saying you dont, but I didnt.

Have fun man, Its great stuff!!

Looking forward to some stories too,
Justin

gear

You got the rigth idea....
Id get a spora viper instead, costs the same but has a rail.. get a cheaper knife spetton dagger, youll lose it soon enough..
also get some ski rope and a cheapo cressi float w/flag or other similar homemade flag type device.
$3 rubber coatted cotton gloves at a harware store...
Id also make sure to have a pal that want to come along. get a safety whistle and tie it to your weigth belt..
wrap two coins side by side in foil and keep as an ace in sleeve to draw fish close...
hope it helps a bit..
also the best ever mask IMHO is the Cressi super occhio and as far as snorkle I say keep it simple, plain J tube... www.diveinn.com is the place
good luck..
dive safe

you will later on want to upgrade your mask. but its a good started kit. you got most bases covered.
good luck and happy hunting

you use lot of money on your gun and little on your suit.. what are the conditions you are diving in? If you dive in a piss-warm-clear-sea you dont have to worry, but if your sea gets bit colder at any time of the year might be worth looking into something little more comfortable..

m2c

Pekka

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT