• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Brands With Narrow Foot Pockets??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hooblab

Nov 25, 2015
Hey all,
Looking for some foot pocket wisdom here..
So I am looking to buy my very first pair of spearfishing/freediving fins, I'm 6 foot 155 lbs and I have pretty narrow feet (43 EU, 10 US)
So far I've been researching leaderfins as they seem to offer good quality per dollar spent. Particularly I'm looking at the Stereofins Waves Ice. After reading lots of forums I have read that they use foot pockets similar (or the same as.. not sure) to the Omar Stingrays. Can anybody tell me if they will be okay for my skinny feet or if I should just buy the fins and put them in a more suitable foot pocket??
Oh, and I am going to school in Hawaii so I dont plan on using neoprene socks with the fins.

Personally, I think the Cressi footpockets are quite narrow and the Beuchat too. With the Omer Stingrays, if you're not planning on wearing socks you need to go a size smaller than your usual size. Most footpockets are sized to use with at least 3mm socks. On Hawaii you have a whole range of shops with spearfishing gear. Go try some on is the best advice anyone can give you.

Reactions: Hooblab
Thanks for the advice! Only problem is transportation is pretty limited. Do socks make the fins more comfortable? Or should I be okay barefoot without too much rubbing?

Hooblab, it depends on what you prefer. If it isn't exactly freezing I like to feel the water between my toes and bare feet give me more feeling of control. Same goes for gloves. Some people like to cover up completely. As for rubbing, it depends on the sizing of the fin and what you plan to do. On Hawaii I would probably leave out the socks.

You could start by visiting Hana Pa'a, they're out near the airporyt in Honlulu. For fins with narrow feet, you would probably do well with Cressi 3000LDs

Reactions: Hooblab
Hooblab, it depends on what you prefer. If it isn't exactly freezing I like to feel the water between my toes and bare feet give me more feeling of control. Same goes for gloves. Some people like to cover up completely. As for rubbing, it depends on the sizing of the fin and what you plan to do. On Hawaii I would probably leave out the socks.
You can use fin savers if the fit is too big without socks.

Hey all,
Looking for some foot pocket wisdom here..
So I am looking to buy my very first pair of spearfishing/freediving fins, I'm 6 foot 155 lbs and I have pretty narrow feet (43 EU, 10 US)
So far I've been researching leaderfins as they seem to offer good quality per dollar spent. Particularly I'm looking at the Stereofins Waves Ice. After reading lots of forums I have read that they use foot pockets similar (or the same as.. not sure) to the Omar Stingrays. Can anybody tell me if they will be okay for my skinny feet or if I should just buy the fins and put them in a more suitable foot pocket??
Oh, and I am going to school in Hawaii so I dont plan on using neoprene socks with the fins.
Leaderfins told me that they cannot fit their blades on Beuchat footpockets and that they have never tried on Cressi footpockets.

That doesn't mean that someone else cannot make them fit though, I would ask them not to drill the holes in that case. It's just that you cannot be 100% sure it will work out.

I however read someone say that their dive shop would fit the Leaderfins blades on the Cressi footpockets but I cannot find the post now.

Another vote for the Cressis, especially in warm water with narrow feet. Very comfortable pockets, also extremely durable. Whether or not you can wear them barefoot depends on your feet. I wore mine barefoot exclusively(Bahamas), long, multiple, consecutive days, but the fit was perfect for me. Going to Hawaii, you will have ample opportunity to try different pockets.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT