• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Brazilian Divers Hooked on Freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

derick

Jun 6, 2005
The San Francisco Brazilians are Just checking in! New to the forum!
My name is Derick, and my wife Karen and I have become fans of this sport after being introduced to it in Kona.
I have come from a family of divers, and have been diving in 'Ilhabela' on the south of Brazil since a very young age.
However, this sport is a brand new world to us!!

Thanks to all the members in this forum, and all "place of refuge" divers who helped us onour first steps!

We are starting practices in SF this weekend!!

Peace,
Derick and Karen

Welcome Derick and Karen,
This is a great place for information and sharing experiences. Use the search function alot as it's invaluable if you have any questions, you won't belive the quantity and quality of the information here. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Adrian

Oi! Tudo bem! I am an American living in SanDiego, and I'm married to a Brasillian. We are moving to Brasil in Dec. Do you know about spearfishing in Brasil yet? We are moving to the Santa Caterina (bombinhas)area. I hope I can find some dive buddys there. tchao!

It's great fun living in the middle of the Pacific. In the last few weeks, a few of the best divers from around the world have been visiting, learning, teaching and competing here. I saw two performances that exceeded the world records, our US team members 'taking it' to new levels, a multiple world record holder in action and even some two-on-one instruction from the very best.
On Sunday, it was a treat to dive with Derick and Karen. They may be new to the sport, but they are at home in the water.
Welcome to Deeper Blue and I hope you enjoy many hours searching all the information that's available.
Aloha
Bill

Last edited:
Great to have you! Best site in the world for anything diving-related!

Unfortunetly I have never dived in the south of Brazil :(
I do know great places for diving on the coast of Sao Paulo!
I'll check about Santa Catarina with a few friends of mine though.

Peace,
Derick

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT